Hot Rod Ate A Bunch Of Dinner Rolls!

Guest greytgrandma

Guest greytgrandma

My fault I left the bag out on the table then went out to make sure DH needed anythingup on the garage roof.

Hot Rod ate a dozen egg sized dinner rolls from the bakery.Will it make him sick and what should I do?

he'll be fine

piggy for not sharing.

Ryan will eat a loaf of bread if there is one within reach. Never worse for the wear.

well, other than the issue from eating bread made with wheat, but that's not a problem for all dogs :)

LOL, my beloved chocolate lab ate a freshly baked 2lb. loaf of home made bread, all that was left were crumbs and some bits of the plastic bag it had been in. She had a BIG belly for a few days.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

As long as they were cooked (i.e., not dough)....

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest greytgrandma

yes they were cooked.He seems very happy and quite pleased with himself.I didnt discover they were gone till I went to serve them with supper. At least he didnt eat the bag they were in.

I dont think he will need his kibble for super.

its been several hours since he ate them.

Oh, Hot Rod, you silly boy! Now Grammy knows she's gotta find a high spot for the baked goods! I agree with Cully on the course of action--except add a big ol' kiss on the nose from me!

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

OK - Copper's story:

Last Thanksgiving we had our dinner delivered from a local organic grocery store (one of those heat-n-eat ones, they're actually pretty good). Copper has a "thing" about brown paper bags, or bags of any sort actually, and he always has to check them out whe we go shopping and come home.

So the delivery guys and the DH got home at about the same time and things were a bit chaotic with jumping dogs and people coming in and out etc.,. DH was putting his stuff down and taking his coat off, I signed for the delivery, and Copper was checking out the sacks like usual. We started unloading and putting away and there was a package of rolls missing. No big - I'd ordered extra cause we're a pro-bread household and so we'd have extras for leftovers, and I knew the store would refund my money if we hadn't got it.

Yes. Of course. We went back out to the living room and there was Copper surrounded by crumbs from a 1/2 dozen huge dinner rolls! He was licking out the plastic bag (fortunately he didn't eat any of THAT) looking quite pleased with himself! No bad effects other than killer gas that night and that we now watch him like a hawk around grocery bags!!! And he didn't get any regular dinner that night.

Hot Rod should be fine!

greysmom :D

PS - cute new siggie!

:D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest zoolaine

HeHe - bread products are the one thing that my older dogs, namely Sunny, will steal off of the counters. He is the thief but I think they all share in the loot. A couple weeks ago they got a full package of bagels and an entire loaf of bread. Luckily Zali was in her kennel at the time because she totally would have gotten the blame for that one.

What is it about bread? Boy if they can snatch it...they will every time! :P

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

And you can check with Mo (TinyMityMo) for her Mr. Murphy stories! He's eaten a dozen dinner rolls, and I think one time he got a dozen donuts too!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest greytgrandma

the guilty houndie is laying in here giving me his usual shifty eye look. At least I know now he probly wont explode from eating to much bread stuff. Iv just never had a dog eat that much bread .We never fed our other dogs people food. The collie was to old to care about stealing stuff fron the table or counters. And Shasta was a short thing and couldnt reach the table and counters. I guess Hot Rod truly feels at home here now and is comfortable enough to be snooping around for yummy stuff.

Thanks for all your quick answers. I panic to easy when it comes to my houndie love .

At least DH thought it was funny even tho he had no dinner rolls to go with his roast chicken. :lol :lol

:lol What a bread hog!! My friends Greyhound (Dante) has done the same thing. He would eat an entire package of rolls or a loaf of bread. He even taught himself how to open the bread drawer. The owners had to put baby locks on it. I think Hot Rod will be just fine... he might drink a little extra water though. :) Silly dogs!!

pharaoh.jpg

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> LE 62663

</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> RE 126E

</span></span>

All bread goes in the fridge in this house for that very reason.

As others have said, all should be ok. :)

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

None of mine ever ate bread, but Vanna Black(we thought she was prettier than Vanna White) was really into butter.

She managed to snag more than one stick of it from the counter!! And she had the shiniest black coat!!

She and HotRod would be an awesome pair together with bread & butter!!!

Guest greytgrandma
None of mine ever ate bread, but Vanna Black(we thought she was prettier than Vanna White) was really into butter.

She managed to snag more than one stick of it from the counter!! And she had the shiniest black coat!!

She and HotRod would be an awesome pair together with bread & butter!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I don't think it is going to hurt him, you little sneak Hot Rod. :lol :lol My Aladdin can climb up on the counter and get on top of the frig, I once put a Chocolate Cake up there thinking it was out of his way, thank god I heard the bang and ran in the kitchen to find him still up on the counter and the cake on the floor. We call him our monkey he will climb anything.... :lol

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I had a little (chihuahua/dachsund) mix years ago who taught me what piggies dogs are when it comes to baked goods. I had just moved to NYC and my boyfriend and I were staying with a friend. I made a dozen bran muffins for us for breakfast. We each took a muffin and went to watch tv. After a few minutes we noticed that Miss Marple wasn't with us...she then walked in the room with a muffin hanging out of her mouth. The little beast had eaten 6 muffins!!!!

I rushed her outside expecting an explosion. Nothing. She digested them just fine. Baked products have been kept well away from prying noses ever since!