Bye-bye My Sweet Blackberry

Guest Bethroze

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bethroze

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. The kids and I carved pumpkins this evening and had a nice quite time together. I've had friends that I haven't spoken with in months call and talk. Death can really make you slow down and reconnect.

Also, we will be copying her blood reports and information to get out to our local vets to help them become familiar with this disease. If one pup is saved, Blackberry is still adding love to this world.

I'm very sorry for your loss. :grouphug Your angel girl will guide another greyhound to you, when the time is right. :heart Godspeed, sweet Blackberry... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest houndstooth4

I'm very sorry for your loss! :f_pink

As far as when the right time is, that's up to you. We lost Treat in May, and I thought I'd never adopt another, and that there could never be another in my heart the way Treat was, and there won't be. Even though we have three other greyhounds, it just wasn't the same for any of us. A month later, we found Bunny at the adoption kennel where we got Treat, and she has been perfect for all of us! She was just what we needed!

My prayers to you and the family...Blackberry is free from pain and chasing rabbits and roaching in the warm sunlight. And knows that one day everyone will be together again. Blackberry will send you a new soul to love to help fill the void. Like many who have lost a loved greyt, I often read it's when you least expect it.

f_yellow

:bighug

G

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:cry1f_yellow I'm so sorry for your loss of Blackberry. :grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound