I Think Time Is Running Out

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

Mama Ro was diagnosed with kidney failure in June and the past couple of days have been pretty hard on her. She turned 14 in June and is still eating with gusto, but is still losing weight, I know it's part of the kidney failure and no matter how much or what we feed her, this is part of the progression of the disease.

She's become pretty weak in the hind end and is falling over occasionally when peeing or pooping but it is becoming more frequent now. If this were any other hound, I know it would be time to let go, but she gets up like nothing ever happened and starts doing her funny little run. She loves living but her little body isn't cooperating.

I'm not really looking for advice, I guess I'm just trying to prepare myself for what lies ahead and unfortunately, I think it is going to be sooner rather than later :cry1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had some words of wisdom to make this better for you.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so sorry. It is so hard to go through this with a beloved pet.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest Sassifrass

I'm so sorry. Am going through a similar thing with 13 year old Faye and osteo. It's so hard to watch them go downhill.

Hugs to you and Mama Ro.

It's so hard to get old! Hugs to you and sweet Mama Rollo.

Edited by AngelWhispers

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Guest greytbookert
:grouphug

you should post some pics of that spunky gal :nod

Good idea and that should make me smile a bit! I will when I get home... photobucket is blocked here at work. I'll try posting in Cute and funny though

Holding you both in my heart and prayers. :grouphug Angel Queenie had periods of time like this with her renal failure and just when I would think it was time~she would improve. WE did this many times. Kiss Mama for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.