Asia Doing Great

Asia is quite a spunky girl these days. Of course she is done with her chemo and the fall weather is good reasons to run all over the place :gh_runner and boy can she run! My neighbor watched her Sunday and was :eek She is playing with her toys :gh_bow eating well :chow and the gas has ceased :hope , she still has some diarrhea :catscat it is liquid to pudding, she has no problem holding this, there is never an urgency. But rice and Pepto just isn't making it better. Her last chemo was the 8th, I thought we would be close to normal by now. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

My vet is not a pepto fan either.

Refresh my memory- is Asia front or rear leg? If front, how did you reteach steps? we are at a standstill with steps and I finally rec'd the ruffwear harness that was going to make all the difference in the world for Polli, except for the fact that she won't walk with the harness on!

Sorry, no advice on the big D

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

She get very little Pepto, and why no kibble?

Asia had her front left leg removed. She can do stairs going up extremely well :) I will not let her go down the stairs at home. Going down 5 steps is not a problem with her like at the vets or the town library, maybe she can do the stairs at home but I just don't feel confortable about it, she hates that. She also hates that I will not let her jump out of the Rover, she is allowed to jump in but not out. I feel too much on that one remaining leg in the front, can you blame me?

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest EmbersDad
She get very little Pepto, and why no kibble?

Asia had her front left leg removed. She can do stairs going up extremely well :) I will not let her go down the stairs at home. Going down 5 steps is not a problem with her like at the vets or the town library, maybe she can do the stairs at home but I just don't feel confortable about it, she hates that. She also hates that I will not let her jump out of the Rover, she is allowed to jump in but not out. I feel too much on that one remaining leg in the front, can you blame me?

good point. i just went and ordered a folding ramp for ember. its 52" long and should just fit inside the back door of my ford. she did yelp when she jumped out of the car and had no problems getting in. this should make it easier for her if she will accept it :colgate

now u keep getting better for your mama asia, you inspire us :yay:wub:

Edited by EmbersDad

Oh Asia...you really are such an inspiration! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Make Ember accept it, every morning when Bob goes to carry her down the stairs she makes a little :crazy drama but it is the way it is going to be sweetheart :kiss2

My good boy Marvin had diarrhea when he was on chemo. Dr. C told me to give him 1 to 2 Pepto tablets 3x a day, he was 74lbs by then (I still have the box with the instructions written on it). I was also cooking chicken and rice for him.

Glad your girly is doing well :)

Nancy with Rocket, Umeko and Sasha

gallery_151_3099_2018.jpg

Missing Albi, Kassie, Ramm, Ruby, my good boy Marvin and Mickey (BT)

NANCY B'S COLLARS

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I don't remember Morgan having diarrhea. From my own chemo experience, I can tell you the anti-nausea meds they give you cause constipation. Also, the chemo does a pretty good number of the stomach lining. For me, it was severe heartburn and took a few months to get back to normal.

Morgan is on the same food he was on before the osteo. treatment. In general, I prefer to use Imodium instead of Pepto. I think I would ask the doctor about Asia's diarrhea.

Oh Asia...you really are such an inspiration! :grouphug

Oh, She sure is!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

You're a good girl Asia! :yay

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!