Ember Walking 2 Days After Surgery

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad
Tom, that's wonderful!!! Although I'll have wait till I get home to view it. Stupid "surf control"..... :angry:

My company has their nerve, how dare they block me from viewing your girlie's video.... :lol

how dare they! maybe its coz she is nekkid? :rofl

Thanks so much for posting that video. It's one thing to hear that she's doing well, but even better to see the brave girl in action! She's doing so well. Sending prayers that her recovery continues uneventfully.

im hoping that by posting these pics and video that it may help someone else down the road who is unsure about what to do when the thief turns up in their neighborhood.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video brought tears of joy to my eyes!!!! You go Ember!!!! You go Girl!! :colgate:yay:yay

:kiss2 For Ember please give her bunches!!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest EmbersDad
Ember looks fantastic! Start the chemo as soon as you can.

i just spoke to ember's surgeon. they are adamant about waiting 2 weeks for the sutures to come out. she said the biopsy report should be back in the next day or 2. my vet has been in touch with osu and the ball is rolling.

on a bright and positive note, ember only woke me up once last night around 130. we went outside for a p and i gave her the next dose of tramadol. the interval has grown from 9.5 hrs to 11!! today she wolfed down about 2 cups of food for dinner. i mixed the other half of the boiled hamburger, 1/2 cup of evo, and a spoon of the evo canned. once dinner was over for me, she was whimpering and agitated. that could only mean 1 thing, she wanted her usual after dinner WALKIE!!! im in the middle of the block, we went to the corner and back again! im sure she wanted to go further, but i dont want to push it. it has only been 3 days.

once again, words cannot truely express how touched i am that everyone here has taken ember into their hearts and lives and are willing to support me, a total stranger. i wish i could give everyone a big hug in person, but until i can do that, this will have to do. :grouphug:wub:

Guest jettcricket

Just viewed Ember's video....you go girl! It's amazing how resilant animals are. Continued good thoughts and healing prayers for your baby girl.

Oh, it's so good to see Ember doing so well! Wonderful that you have such an angel neighbor too to help out. Continued prayers for a speedy recovery.

Joanne

Guest EmbersDad
She looks to be doing great. One question she seems to be using her neck a lot to walk & get around. Does this get better has the other 3 legs get stronger? Did the vet say anything about this. I'm just curious.

vet didnt say anything about it. i will ask when we go back to get the sutures out. ember only woke me up once again last night. she did get up at 3 am again, but just moved to another room to zonk out. she did that before, so its totally normal. she woke me at 430 am for a potty break. when my alarm went off, she came in to greet me. brought a tear to my eye. she used to do that as well b4 the amputation. i feel my girlie is on the mend

bruising is a lot better this morning day 4

2ng4xw1.jpg

Edited by EmbersDad

Unfortunatlely with a front leg amp, the head bobs. yes it will get slightly better but for the most part, that's the way it is which is why they tire so easlily. It's a lot of shock to the body, the pounding. And it takes a lot of effort to hop, rather than walk.

Careful with the leash, that the clasp doesn't hit her in the head/ neck area. I have been holding it without too much slack so that Polli doesn't get wacked in the head.

On the tripod site, I have been reading stories of a GSH who used to do trail hikes @ 12 miles. A year after amp, the GSH can do 1 mile with resting in between. Every dog is different but from what i have been reading, the front amps tire more easily as they have more work cut out for them.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

i'm amazed by ember's progress. wishing both ember and you continued good luck.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest EmbersDad
Unfortunatlely with a front leg amp, the head bobs. yes it will get slightly better but for the most part, that's the way it is which is why they tire so easlily. It's a lot of shock to the body, the pounding. And it takes a lot of effort to hop, rather than walk.

Careful with the leash, that the clasp doesn't hit her in the head/ neck area. I have been holding it without too much slack so that Polli doesn't get wacked in the head.

On the tripod site, I have been reading stories of a GSH who used to do trail hikes @ 12 miles. A year after amp, the GSH can do 1 mile with resting in between. Every dog is different but from what i have been reading, the front amps tire more easily as they have more work cut out for them.

we actually made it up 4 houses the other day, and i swear she wanted to do more, but i didnt want to push my luck. before this, she was my walking buddy and we would do about a mile and a half 5 days a week....well, not sure about the distance, but it amounted to about 30 min of fast walking, at embers pace. i will be thrilled if she can get around the block in the future, i dont really see her doing the big walkie anymore, but she may amaze me.

Guest EmbersDad

tonights walkie amazed even me. she made it around the entire block! it wore her out, but she did it. a little much i think, but i admire her spirit :-)

Is she still on the patch?

IF so, be careful with all the walking. She won't know whether or not she hurts or not. When I was running, I had a foot injury but would eat 10 perocet and not feel anything and run more and more.

Not very bright on my part, and caused damage to something that would have healed on it's own.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

we actually made it up 4 houses the other day, and i swear she wanted to do more, but i didnt want to push my luck. before this, she was my walking buddy and we would do about a mile and a half 5 days a week....well, not sure about the distance, but it amounted to about 30 min of fast walking, at embers pace. i will be thrilled if she can get around the block in the future, i dont really see her doing the big walkie anymore, but she may amaze me.

just remember that that was major surgury, there is a LOT of healing to take place internally, it isn't just the incision. I was told she should not jump, run, or climb for 3 weeks so Asia rested for 3 weeks and just did potty in the yard, she does walks now and can run like the wind.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Asia- you lead the way, we will follow. Baby steps. We are right behind you.

Hugs to Ember & Asia

Your tripod girlfriend,

Polli

Guest EmbersDad

IF so, be careful with all the walking. She won't know whether or not she hurts or not. When I was running, I had a foot injury but would eat 10 perocet and not feel anything and run more and more.

Not very bright on my part, and caused damage to something that would have healed on it's own.

yes, the patch comes off today. i will see how she reacts after its been off. she goes potty inthe back yard, but wants to come right back in.

Guest Tenderhearts

Bless her houndie heart, and yours too! She's really getting around well for being a new tripod! How blessed you are to have such a kind and caring neighbor! :)

yes, the patch comes off today. i will see how she reacts after its been off. she goes potty inthe back yard, but wants to come right back in.

Polli too as far as coming back in right after peeing sometimes. we did not have a patch though.

Sometimes she wants to walk further than the 3 or 4 houses and we don't allow her to, we turn around and hop back. Sometimes we bring her out and she pees and looks at the door, not budging. That's the que- no walkie now. maybe later.

It's hard not to want to get them moving, but I keep reminding myself and looking at the notes i took when my vet spoke to me upon her release. Take it SLOW. I am hoping we can try steps this weekend. If not, we'll wait another few days.

Hope Ember is comfortable after her patch is removed.

Guest EmbersDad

she seems to be doing greyt. the bruising is all but gone, she is eating, didnt need any tramadol last night, nor did she wake me up. she has even started wagging her tail again :-)