A New Day, A New Polli Thread

RobinM

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DoofBert

Hey, when day at a time is too much,, take things one hour at a time. Miss Polli had MAJOR league surgery and will get backon an even keel...but we all know these things take time.

Both Polli and her momma are tough cookies and survived a lot of adversity.. This is just one more thing to get through....

sending more prayers your way.

Polli has a crateful of cookies but has not touched a thing.

But, she is doing well, is hydrated from the IVs and was syringed fed last eveing which I'm sure when over real well with her!

I spoke to the Tech at 9:45 PM. 12 Am and 5AM and the vet called me @ 9AM. She is walking, peeing outside her run and appears comfortable.

We will be there with bells on our toes to pick her up @ 4PM when the office closes (except for emergencys) as they want an empty waiting room and the doctor wants us to have as much time as we need to ask questions.

So, in less than 8 hours, my sweet baby girl will be home, right where she belongs. We couldn't more more greyful for the love, prayers and support from ALL of YOUR that has gotten Polli though round one.

Thank you doesn't quite seem enough.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

That's great news!!! I'm sure she will feel much better and heal even more quickly at home with her people. I'm so glad to hear she is doing even betther than expected.

Polli sounds like such a trooper and is doing amazingly well. You will feel much better with her home and she will be so happy to be back where she belongs. More hugs and good wishes going to your family & Polli for quick healing.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm really glad to hear that Polli's doing well enough to come home tonight!

I know you're worried about her eating, but you know, Robin, when I read your very first post that Polli might have to stay until Tuesday, my first thought was that your little PITA eater probably wouldn't be eating much. It's not so much the songs that get her to eat, but you singing those songs that persuades her. You know they did what they could to keep her nourished, and Polli will eat when she's back home with you.

I know you're excited to have her back home - I'll be thinking of you guys tonight :grouphug

:bounce1 Polli is coming home, Polli is coming home!!! :bounce1

Excellent news! I was excited to see this post, my heart leaped! More healing thoughts coming Polli's way, I hope her coming home is smooth and that you can coax her to eat something when she is back in her familiar environment.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Ok Miss Polli and Mommy too~hang in there! Miss Polli you will be home with your family...sleeping in your own nite nite bed...AND I expect to hear that you are eating on your towel as your Mommy sings ok? Chanting....our Miss Polli is cancer free...yippeeee! :wub::grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm glad she's coming home today. There's just something about being home that makes every patient feel better, and I know your family will feel LOTS better to have her where she belongs, too. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Polli is coming home :couchjump

I am going out this evening (almost like a 'real person' to a party! LOL) but I'll be thinking of you around 10pm my time because that's when Polli will be home :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest greydogluvr

Hang in there. I can only imagine the whirlwind of emotions you are feeling. I am crying, joyful, anxious... just reading your updates. Prayers and healing thoughts for Polli. :bighug

4 hours, but who's counting?!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Me for one :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Me for one :D

I ordered the harness and joined that site as well as Circle of Greys. We took 2 mattresses from a trundle bed in the extra bedroom to make it a king size and put it in our den so other than the 5 steps to get in and out of the house, Polli will have one level.

We aleady had 4 beds in the den where we will all sleep but now we will add some of the beds that we have in our bedroom as well. Upstairs will be off limits which will be weird for all of us, but that is the least of things.

Looking forward to an update when she gets home tonight. I'm so glad she'll be back where she belongs.

BTW, I love your song! :wub: Polli is obviously a very special hound.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)