Results Are In For Cofax....... Sort Of.......

just got a call from the vet's offc administrator. The doc won't be in until tomorrow to read the results from the bladder and intestinal tests and biopsies - BUT - what she could read - It's 90% confident that it's NOT CANCER!!!!!!!!

There is a problem - infection and fibroid something or other going on - we didn't understand it - but the chance of it being cancer are slim - but it also states that the results don't mean that it can't manifest into cancer. So..... we'll find out more tomorrow...... it just gives us a little more breathing room for today. KEEP PRAYING!!!!!!! We're not out of the pot yet...... but at least we know right now it's not the worst case possibility.

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

Praying and chanting for Cofax. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Vinnie

The waiting is always the killer - you know you are going to need a haircut after all the hair pulling or you'll look like a mad scientist! When is the vet supposed to call? Keeping fingers and toes crossed here for good news.

Sending more prayers and chewing my nails along with you! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

okay..... Just got a long call from the vet. We went over things in detail (I won't go over the mushy stuff). Basically - NO CANCER............. Severe infection possible causes : ingested a foreign object that passed, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)(which he's still not sure that is it at this point). We ended one antibiotic today which he said might be causing some (poop) problems and so we hope by adding some cooked pumpkin, changing from chicken to boiled ground beef and slowly adding her regular food might start to "firm" things up. If it hasn't by Monday when I bring her in to get her staples and stitches out, he may look further into the IBD and may consider treatment. The fibroidal thing in her bladder might be just something old that has or is healing. NO CANCER!!!!

He did say she was very very lucky. She really was a mess in there. Fluid in the bowel and around it. He couldn't see things because everything was so inflamed that he thought there might be a puncture - but there wasn't. Her fatty areas were yellow, inflamed and irritated as were her lymph nodes and surrounding areas. The combination of this, extra fluid in and around the bowel gave the showing of a possible mass on the pictures.

So, he said basically, we're doing better - but not out of the water yet. Prayers are still needed. But, it's not the big C and that was his main fear. ME TOO! And...... tonight........ NO MIDNIGHT MEDS!!!!!!!! Maybe we'll get some better sleep which might help too.

Thank you again for being there for us. Maybe just maybe......... Prayers are really helping this time. I'm not going to question it - let's leave it at that. I just know, I feel a whole lot better knowing we have people all over the world helping to hold us up. That's a very big family and I couldn't be prouder to be a part of that and Bob agrees. In his own ways, he's always bragging about the greyhound family. Times like this - there's really no difference between friends and family. Everything that is done for us, whether it's just a moment of a thought or prayer, to making dinner for us, to helping around the house, or just staying with me on a cold kennel floor, it all adds up to, support, strength, love and respect. And we can never say enough thanks, so please know it's in our hearts and thoughts.

So, maybe things will settle down a bit and I can grow my nails back again! And no one better pick on me for the bald spot on my head or my grey hair! I look like Cofax....... and WE EARNED IT!

Bob is already promising her a road trip next weekend and a walk at Chestnut Ridge..... maybe someone in the area would like to join us!? (all depending on how she's feeling that is)

Well....... time to go cut and boil pumpkin and ground beef!

Keep in touch.

T B & C

PS: A local greyhound mom took a black beanie with her and her hounds to blessing of the animals today to represent cofax since she couldn't attend in person. How special that was. And so many others keep calling and emailing to see how we're all doing. Nothing better in life than this.

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

No cancer is excellent news! :yay Keeping your precious Cofax in my prayers, surrounded by loving light. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Come on, baby girl, keep healing and be well for your momma!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Good news no cancer! Sending continued prayers for a quick recovery. Kiss Cofax for me! :grouphug

Ps...I just bought more canned pumpkin today...How do you do the fresh pumpkin? Do you boil with with the skin or peel on? Then cut the skin off? Can it be frozen after it's cooked? Do you just cook it to a mush? Thanks! :blush

Usethisone.jpg

Grey News no cancer!!!! :yay:yay:yay We are sending continued prayers for Cafax beautiful Girl, you can pull through this........... :hope:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Good news no cancer! Sending continued prayers for a quick recovery. Kiss Cofax for me! :grouphug

Ps...I just bought more canned pumpkin today...How do you do the fresh pumpkin? Do you boil with with the skin or peel on? Then cut the skin off? Can it be frozen after it's cooked? Do you just cook it to a mush? Thanks! :blush

cut into pieces - boil - let cool - peel - mooch.... easy! Yes can be frozen after cooked.... do it all the time when making pies.! Thank you for the thoughts and prayers for Cofax!