Diarrhea, Vomiting, Pacing, Panting

Guest GreytMuse

Guest greytmonty

I am just seeing this thread. I am so sorry Steven is going through this. I hope the vet figures out what is going on and he starts on the road to recovery. How scary!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GreytMuse, we're pulling for you and your boy!

FWIW, Joseph had all the same basic symptoms (vomiting, diarrhea, pacing, panting, elevated white count; did not have the elevated liver values or funky urine). He had a blockage in his stomach, which could be seen on the x-ray, and some of the same material in his intestines, which could not be seen.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I know how frightening this is for you. It is so hard to wait for news when you are worried. Please know we are all praying and hoping for Steven to have good news on Monday when the vet examines and treats him. It sounds like he is in the best of hands for his care.

:candle :candle :candle

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest GreytMuse

No updates yet, but thank you for thinking of us. :(

We are waiting for the results of the 2nd ultrasound and some further blood testing. Steven looked okay this morning when I went in to transfer him to the Referral-only Vet Clinc (it shares a building with the E-vet Animal Hospital), he was not too happy, I could tell, but he was not shaking as much, has no fever and he had eaten some last night. I am praying for a normal sized spleen, no fluid in his tummy, and normal blood results. I never thought I'd hope that he "just" has a TBD, but that was given as the best-case scenario by the vet.

The waiting is AWFUL, my stomach is in knots, and I have to go back in to work now and try to act normal.

Come on Steven sweetie .... hang in there until they get this figured out!

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest GreytMuse

STEVEN IS HOME!!!!!!!!

Guarded good news...and at least some hope.

Dr. Bronstad said the ultrasound shows some fluid in the stomach and something in the stomach. Now whether that is food or a mass, he couldn't tell, but if it is a mass, we'll see a recurrence of the vomiting before too long and perform an endoscopy. I hope this isn't the case, but I do know it's a possibility.

He saw a slightly enlarged spleen, which could be a result of an infection, or TBD.

The liver and kidneys looked just fine.

The tick panel still isn't back from the lab, hopefully by this time tomorrow we'll have some TBD results. We're continuing the doxy still, just in case.

UPDATE: I just got a call -- we are negative for all TBD.

The bloodwork today showed all normal, and just slightly elevated ALT values.

I had Dr. Bronstad fill out our pet insurance paperwork and the diagnosis was: Fever of Unknown Origin. He said that's what doctors put when they just don't know what something is.

Steven ran into the house when we got home, tail wagging, and grabbed a stuffy! I feel as if the weight of the world has lifted from my shoulders, though there still isn't a real diagnosis, and things could get bad again. At this moment, though, I have my sweet, happy boy back beside me and life is good. :heart

Your prayers have made all of the difference to us, and I am extremely humbled and grateful for the support of this forum. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Edited by GreytMuse

So glad your sweet baby is home! Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Yeah! I am so happy to hear that Steven is home. Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you guys too. If you need anything, let me know.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.