Teeth Cleaning- How Much?

Guest gdogclothing

Guest FullMetalFrank

Here is is around $200; more if extractions are needed, but it does seem to vary greatly by region. Make sure your vet will be doing pre-op bloodwork as well, and sometimes they will prescribe a pre-emptive dose of antibiotics if extractions are anticipated.

Sounds about right. It can be a tad cheaper if the vet tech does it vs a regular vet, but with the sedation, possible extractions, and the fact that greys teeth are usually pretty yucky, it can be up to $300.

We only have to go about every 18-24 months for ours. They get nice crunchy kibble and a teeth cleaning chew every night and that seems to be working pretty good.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest nursenearlyther
What is the going rate for getting teeth cleaned? It is that time again. My hound also may need a few teeth pulled. :(

If you use Dr. Yochum (the track vet at Southside Animal Hospital) it should come out less than $250.00. Shadow had his done a couple of months ago and the bill was a little less than that.

What is the going rate for getting teeth cleaned? It is that time again. My hound also may need a few teeth pulled. :(

If you use Dr. Yochum (the track vet at Southside Animal Hospital) it should come out less than $250.00. Shadow had his done a couple of months ago and the bill was a little less than that.

WOW!!! That's a great price. Here it's ridiculous, min with no extractions is $540.00

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest KiKi_Girl

I just paid around $350 for KiKi's dental with no extractions here in Chicago. I do think it varies a lot by region. I think I paid under $200 when we lived in Oklahoma.

Guest LashandRed

Wow what a difference by region, we just had Lash's done and it as $600 no extractions. We also had a course of anti-botics because of her gums. But what a difference. She is a much happy pup, really enjoys her food, and no left overs.

Dental 50.00

Blood work-up 35.00

Extractions 2.00 each

Antibiotics 10.00 to 15.00 to take home with you.

Wow, that is a FANTASTIC price, I paid a little over $200.00 recently to get Sophie teeth cleaned and thought that was good.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

The going rate here is $120 for a dental. That is with no blood work up. Extractions are $4 if needed/

Sammy had a dental and a lump removed from her shoulder and 2 wks of AB and the total tab was $191

$400ish with bloodwork, an IV line, and all medications, done by a vet, but no extractions.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest AzLazyHounds

Great price! I need to get Daylight in soon. I go to Red Mountain Animal Hospital in Mesa and I am sure it was pretty high last time. She has had really bad teeth since we got her.

Guest hvacman250
Our vet charges $174 for the cleaning. Extractions are extra. A canine extraction is about $70 IIRC...other teeth are less.

I'm in Greenville and am curious who you use thats so cheap. Sorry to post here, but I cant PM yet.

Guest iconsmum

Are you people sitting down?

In Canada (Toronto), I was handed an estimate for a dental by the vet...(I didn't ask for it, I was in for ear stitches at the time)...base price $1,000.00- before extractions.....that was last February, "dental month" here, ...no coincidence, I'm sure :)) but that was plenty of motivation to switch immediately to bones and raw, as well as Leba III every day. Today, the vet can't believe it's the same mouth and I haven't heard the word "dental" again..

but really, $1,000.00???

• 4 months later...

Will let you know - my two are there right now. I know Kiaba will have some extractions.

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org

Kiaba and Tehya's total was $1400.00. Kiaba had ten extractions. This included all bloodwork, antibiotics for both and two pain meds for Kiaba. Also got the Oravet applied and a 8 week supply.

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org

Here is is around $200; more if extractions are needed, but it does seem to vary greatly by region. Make sure your vet will be doing pre-op bloodwork as well, and sometimes they will prescribe a pre-emptive dose of antibiotics if extractions are anticipated.

Wow. I pay more than that for a routine annual check up and vaccinations.

George's dental, no extractions, was $430. I'm in the Boston area.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck