Lump On Rythum's Rt Rib Cage

Guest AzLazyHounds

I hope the researchers can make some progress on all forms of hemangiosarcoma; this disease seems to be stuck in the dark ages except if it's the cutaneous type. It's a terrible cancer to have. It doesn't affect people so it's been orphaned or something. What a shame. I think the Morris inimal Foundation is about to start studying it, thank heavens.

Marcia in SC

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no! I am so very very sorry that you got this news. :cry1 You have done all the right things by Rythum. Sending lots of good thoughts and strength your way during this most difficult time :grouphug

Can you post a picture? We'd love to see your sweet girl

Take care :hope

Maria

Rizzo & Kiwi

Guest paulamariez

OMG, how terrible! I'm sending loads of prayers, love and light that your precious Rythum has tons of quality time left with his beloved family. Cancer is the worst. I am so sorry about your tender heart Rythum.

Guest AzLazyHounds

I could not figure out to load a picture to this site... so this is a link to our sweet Rythum using some work software.

http://www.realestateshows.com/show.php?ml...c&id=334540

You may need to copy and paste to your browser, I never tried this on a blog. I know I have more pictures somewhere, and I also haven't found the "right" music for this yet, so ok to turn down the volume on your speakers... just wanted to share as you have all been so supportive.

Rythum is resting comfortably tonight... she ate all her dinner, walked all around the backyard & the pool with me while I was on the phone and then searched for snuggles before curling up by the sofa within scratching, rubbing distance.

I have been reading all the posts... I pray for successful research since there are so many who are lost to these types of cancers and some of them are so fast...

Oh such a beautiful girl. Sending my prayers and white light for "much" quality time. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest TBSFlame

I am just seeing this. I am so sorry. I to wonder why I didn't see Beecher lump. I just looked down and there was this big lump. They come up really fast. Again, I am so sorry.

Just beautiful ... :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Thank you for sharing that touching slideshow... I have a tear going down my cheek. Rythum is a doll... and those eyes!! It's obvious how much you love her and that she is an integral part of your family. Rythum will be with you now and forever. :beatheart I'll be staying tuned for updates. Take care of yourself.

She is so beautiful....I am very sorry to hear about her diagnosis. You cannot blame yourself in any way, this disease is the bain of all of us and we can only do so much to find it and stop it. If there are any options for her, explore them and make the best decision for her and you. Hug her for me...

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Oh my word. She is so precious. My heart goes out to you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest jettcricket

Gee....just catching up on this thread now. I'm truly sorry....unfortunately I know how frustrated and helpless you feel. She is a beautiful girl...her video made me smile.

Guest AzLazyHounds

Last night and this morning have been very challenging for Rythum. She has been throwing up frequently.....its going to be a hard day with a very difficult decision to make in the near future.....thank you all for your support :crying

Last night and this morning have been very challenging for Rythum. She has been throwing up frequently.....its going to be a hard day with a very difficult decision to make in the near future.....thank you all for your support :crying

Our hearts are with you. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending lots of prayers.....do they have her on any meds? They may be upsetting her tummy.....

We didn't have any throwing up, Trev was on pred which increased his appetite.....

Guest AzLazyHounds

Oh, I am sure the meds were not sitting well, she has always been the one with the sensitive tummy. Her breathing is labored, the lump is even bigger this morning. I can only imagine how much it is pressing on her insides. She just came in to check on me... put her head on my lap w/ looked up with Big sad puppy eyes. I will be taking her in shortly.

Guest jettcricket
Oh, I am sure the meds were not sitting well, she has always been the one with the sensitive tummy. Her breathing is labored, the lump is even bigger this morning. I can only imagine how much it is pressing on her insides. She just came in to check on me... put her head on my lap w/ looked up with Big sad puppy eyes. I will be taking her in shortly.

We're all thinking of you..... :grouphug

Guest AzLazyHounds

"And now I've come to understand, what I've missed right from the start, that greyhounds need that big, deep chest to house their generous heart."

Thanks JettCricket, I was trying to figure out how to write the update... avoiding it actually, cuz I did not want to cry again, then read your quote on your signature

- Rythum was so loving and generous to the very end... She met a little boy waiting for his dog (broken leg). He was a little anxious as he was waiting, so I was holding tight to Rythum, but she was insistent. Rythum reached out and licked/sniffed his hand, then reached out and put her paw on his arm. The boy let out a huge "Awwwww." and gave her a hug. There was not a dry eye in the place for those that saw what had happened.

Rythum has joined our sweet boy Aladdin at the bridge. 9/25/2008

Edited by AzLazyHounds