Buster, Our Little Man

Guest vahoundlover

Guest vahoundlover

Buster came home with us 10 yrs ago, at 3 yrs old. His former family no longer wanted him. :( My heart was not ready for another dog…..a couple of months prior we had lost my beloved Frost in a tragic senseless accident. :cry1 My mom met the wife of the family while taking her daily walk and asked us to please consider taking this cute furry little fellow., she also knew the very thing I needed….to open my heart to love another. After we brought Buster home we quickly learned he wasn't just a cute little fellow. :o He hated most men except Allan, my dad and a few others. In Buster's eyes the sun rose and set on Allan. :wub: Fortunately, our vet was also Busters vet from a wee little pup. We learned *the truth * of why they (the husband) no longer wanted him and vowed we would do everything in our power to give him a safe home full of love..

Buster started having seizures a couple of weeks after we brought him home. It took us years to get his seizures down to one every couple of months and finally down to a couple a year. About that time his nose started getting really sore and nasty. We started down the road of Discoid Lupus and learned another lesson…DON'T touch his nose! :rolleyes: Unfortunately 4/5 yrs ago Buster was DX with Cushings. He handled all of this with hardly a second glance…Life was good and it was meant to be enjoyed, no matter what it threw at you.

He went everywhere with us except greyhound events and then friends would come stay with him. He was stubborn, hard headed, playful and silly. Food was his obsession, he learned very quickly ice cream, french fries, hamburgers and nuggets were tasty special occasion treats. I learned very quickly to never offer him an ice cream cone for a *taste* for he snatched it out of my hand lickity split. <_< Buster was a man who knew what he wanted and had no qualms telling you to hurry up and get it. :lol He rolled with the punches and opened his home up to all the babies that have since come into our lives. He enjoyed teaching them the ropes, and yes that included letting them know when they were out of line. His legacy is huge...he taught me not to be afraid of opening my heart up to love. :beatheart

The last couple of weeks have been hard and sad, Boo's legs were giving out on him and his dignity wouldn't allow him to accept help. He was sleeping thru everything that used to be important to him. The meds were no longer working. The light in his eyes was dimming. :cry1

Last night we said farewell….We sent Buster off with a piece of chocolate cake, he peacefully went to sleep as we held him in our arms stroking his baby soft hair, whispering how much we loved him and thanked him for coming into our lives and making us the people we are today.

God Speed Little Man, their is no more sickness…no more pile of pills…. :f_red

371672-R1-69-2.jpg

Easter2008056.jpg

BigBedtoPlayingBall051.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tenderhearts

You have comforted me more than once in my losses, Hope. I wish I could do so much more for you and Allan than send out virtual prayers and hugs! :cry1

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Buster.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Awwww....what a sweet little man. I can just see him trotting across the bridge with those floppy little ears...turning to wave goodbye & then continuing with his journey. Now I know what that cool breeze was about last night....all those happy tails as they cheered him across & he was greeted by so many who have gone before him.

:grouphug to you & your family...I'm so sorry for your loss.

Such a loving tribute to your lil' fella. :beatheart I'm very sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Run free, sweet Buster... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh, no! Poor little man!

Thank you for giving him a home and sticking with him through all of his issues and illnesses. He would've been hard-pressed to find a better home.

:f_pink

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss. :candle:grouphug

Godspeed Buster.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I am so Very Sorry!!!!!!!!!! :f_whitef_yellow:bighug My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You and your family were very Special for giving him a home and taking care of him. Thank You!!!!!

Run Free Sweet Baby, Buster

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Oh Hope, I'm so very sorry. What a sweet baby he was. He dealt with so much. Hugs to you sweetie, I know how horribly difficult it is to let them go.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee