Off To The Er Again!

How is Misty doing today? Gimpy I am guessing!

She's not moving around and if she does get up, she holds that foot up. I'm sure like last time the bandage is making it worse, but I won't attempt to take it off until tomorrow. With all you have going on with Shanti, thank you for caring about Misty.

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

She is sleeping soundly at my feet. I am sure when she is up she can teach Misty how to get around FAST on 3 legs! Doesn't sound like she needs help milking it though. :P

Misty is doing good, being smart. If it hurts get off it! :D Good girl!!!!

The Girls

Oh man do I understand! Norm has done the same thing twice. Different toe, different foot. First time I was totally alone. The nail was off and I didnt realize. He just kept licking and licking and licking his foot. I finally saw what was going on. I swear with every heartbeat his toe just squirted! There was blood EVERYWHERE! Called mother and best friend. Mother stayed to clean up what she could and get the little ones penned up in the kitchen. (Damn open floor plan!) Best friend drove to the ER vet. (DP was at school.) The nail was off so all they could do is clean it, wrap it and send us home with anti-b's. The next nail that came off had to be taken off AT the vet. We were coming in, I noticed blood spots, looked down and his toe nail was pointing UP! It had done a 180. No way we were taking it off. The didnt have to sedate him but he did have to stay over night because they couldnt get the bleeding to stop. OMG I was wreck all night. No rhyme or reason for the losses. He doesnt have the best nails, but they're not the worst. I really, really feel for you! If you ever figure out whats going on, I'd love to know. And I'll do the same for you!

Oh yes, the blood, like your experience, it was all over the place. I checked the yard really really well, can't find anywhere that could cause what happened. So now I'm wondering about SLO, but Misty is 10. And the name Tanner holds a very special place in my heart

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

This is just too weird that she should lose two like that. Poor girl. I hope the ice cream was suitably broken open. :kiss2 for Misty.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Pipi5

Okay first I'll be funny because its you & right now you need a giggle. I think she's in love with the vet...so she'll do anything to get to be near him. She sees him as a person who saved her life. Young girls go through this all the time, Pipi-Francine's infatuation is with Hurricane, he makes her collars, he makes her beautiful.

Okay now to be serious....bless your heart. I know you panicked with all the blood. I can't believe it happened again...are there any roots sticking up from the ground? What kind of grass do ya'll have? Like crab grass, sometimes it hooks & has runners. Dang...this is awful.

Okay funny again, get her declawed....she'll love that...especially if you take her one at a time.

Sending Misty more scritches and

vanillaicecream.jpg

:) :) :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

:rofl:rofl:rofl You guys crack me up. Well, the falling in love with the vet story doesn't work, the vet is a woman. And now before you say it....yes I live in palm Springs, but Misty doesn't realize that. She has led a very sheltered life. Hilda, the grass thing really has me thinking. No crab grass here but I do have Bermuda, and it crawls and loops. But are they're nails that sensitive?Better that than SLO because Misty can't do Prednisone, she has kidney disease. Okay....I'm going to check it out. And Hilda, remember last time with the bandage? Same darn thing. Can't wait until I take it off tomorrow. That is if I can hold out. Now hmmmm declaw? Wonder how she'de accept that/ I'll talk to her about it

Sending Misty more scritches and

vanillaicecream.jpg

:) :) :)

Oh WOW!!!!!! I don't like ice cream and that even looks good to me :lol I went and got Misty plenty of it

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Guest Pipi5

Okay, maybe not the vet-tress, but are there any manly menz around there that assist? My vet had this one Navy Seal that worked there, he was not only hampsum, gentle & strong, but barry musckular...Pipi-Francine, Gabby & Snowy would just melt when he handled them...Gogh wasn't afraid of him either...I think they compared muskulls...So maybe there's someone working there that she's in lub wiff.

Pegasus pulled a nail off w/out a scene, just blood everywhere & he did it on a crepe myrtle root...found the nail with the blood drop trail...

I remember one of my elkhounds pulled a dew claw off just playing...she caught it in one of the other elkhound's fur & just ripped it off. Both of them looked like they'd been shot, all the blood.

I've had Kelsey in twice for ripped dewclaw. I hope Misty feels better soon. :getwell

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Okay, maybe not the vet-tress, but are there any manly menz around there that assist? My vet had this one Navy Seal that worked there, he was not only hampsum, gentle & strong, but barry musckular...Pipi-Francine, Gabby & Snowy would just melt when he handled them...Gogh wasn't afraid of him either...I think they compared muskulls...So maybe there's someone working there that she's in lub wiff.

Pegasus pulled a nail off w/out a scene, just blood everywhere & he did it on a crepe myrtle root...found the nail with the blood drop trail...

I remember one of my elkhounds pulled a dew claw off just playing...she caught it in one of the other elkhound's fur & just ripped it off. Both of them looked like they'd been shot, all the blood.

I LOVE the butterfly

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Okay I am here this afternoon to give everyone a good laugh. I have been trying to take Misty's bandage off since 6:30am and it is now 2:30 and it's still not off :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Okay I am here this afternoon to give everyone a good laugh. I have been trying to take Misty's bandage off since 6:30am and it is now 2:30 and it's still not off :lol

That's a girl Misty!!!!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest ChancesMom

My poor poor Misty. Ibs is so sorree dat ubs r steel hertin. Maybe if ubs lets your mama take da band age off ubs wuld feel bedder. Ibs is trin to find a way to get to where ubs libs but mama sabs it is tooooo far fur her to dribe.

Ibs hopes ubs r feeling bedder riteawayqwik.

Ur lub fur ebber and ebber. :cookie:dogcookie:bighug :bighug :kiss2 :kiss2 :inlove Ibs hopes dis makes u feel bedder. Miss Misty Housdakeeper, weel u pleeze gibs My Misty lots and lots of da ice da creem? Tank u.

That's a girl Misty!!!!!

:headwall:headwall

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

My poor poor Misty. Ibs is so sorree dat ubs r steel hertin. Maybe if ubs lets your mama take da band age off ubs wuld feel bedder. Ibs is trin to find a way to get to where ubs libs but mama sabs it is tooooo far fur her to dribe.

Ibs hopes ubs r feeling bedder riteawayqwik.

Ur lub fur ebber and ebber. :cookie:dogcookie:bighug :bighug :kiss2 :kiss2 :inlove Ibs hopes dis makes u feel bedder. Miss Misty Housdakeeper, weel u pleeze gibs My Misty lots and lots of da ice da creem? Tank u.

Oh thank yu ma Chance, ah hab da beery tring dey. Dat housedakeeper wud KNOT leabs me a lone. All da dey long ma Chance. Ah kep wishin dat yu was heer wit me. Finalee dat housedakeeper gut a beery nise lady dat is pasha's mudder to come an hulp. It huted beery bad but dey finalee did it. Ah do knot think dey are beery swift. Ah did get xtra ice cream cuz uv yu ma lubs but Im tullin yu dat ah betta get xtra fer all dis weak and da next one fur wat ah went thru . Dis is fur yu ma Chance, :kiss2

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Are we there yet???? :D

I finally had to call someone to help. That dang bandage was on so tight, I couldn't get it without her lunging at me. And then the gauze was bloody and stuck.So, 5:35...it's finally off.I'm sending Misty on vacation!!! Hope Shanti is staying away from her tail.Maybe she'de like to go on vacation with Misty. It's on me..... :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Dear Misty, you like keep the Mom busy, huh? How kewl that you kept her busy all afternoon---hope it didn't hurt TOO bad. Did you do a GSOD? I like to do that sometimes when Dad tries to cut my toes. It makes him jump a little, and then Mom tells him to quit hurting me---ha, ha! Well, we sure hope you don't lose anymore of those toes. You only have about 20 or 30 or maybe 13.

Paws up for nice strong toes,

Lydia

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Are we there yet???? :D

I finally had to call someone to help. That dang bandage was on so tight, I couldn't get it without her lunging at me. And then the gauze was bloody and stuck.So, 5:35...it's finally off.I'm sending Misty on vacation!!! Hope Shanti is staying away from her tail.Maybe she'de like to go on vacation with Misty. It's on me..... :lol

The stick makes it 100 times worse! That was what happened our first bandage change. Glad you got it off. I bet she feels so much better! Tell Misty she can come vacation at the beach. :D I will send Shanti to the Desert. :lol

The Girls

geez Claudia, I missed this whole adventure! do you have a deck? we have one here and I swear the boards are the perfect width apart for a nail to get caught in and yanked off like one of bottletop with one of those old fashioned can opener thingies.

:grouphugs to you and Misty!

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)