4 Dogs 4 Upset Tummies...

All four of my hounds have yucky poop.

Polli has the big D since yesterday and we came home to a MESS on the bedroom carpet (which is a shag type of course!!!)

Yesterday she seemed like herself, ate a TON of cookie and had kibble mixed with chicken and rice for dinner. She did OK.

Today she had to have gone out 10 or more times to poop. It's liquid. She is drinking but not eating. We noticed Teddy's poop is liquid and Beau & Chloe's is very soft.

Polli eats completely different food from the others so it's not a food issue.

I have call in to the vet when she gets in tomorrow. I will try and feed Polli just rice and chicken tonight if she will eat. I gave her a pedcid but I don't want to give her anything else until I speak to the vet.

Today she looks bummed out. Everyone else is acting "normal".

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest BlackandBrindle

I agree with the fasting.

If Polli is having purely liquid poop, her poor tummy needs a break. I I know you've had issues getting Polli to consistently eat but one meal hopefully won't set her on a food strike.

Have the pups all been somewhere lately? I wonder if they all caught a bug?

Edited by BlackandBrindle

Polli decided she wanted to eat. I did not want to give her the regular kibble and whatever so I gave her some white rice and boiled chicken. She ate about a cup and that's it for tonight. She has not been out to poop since about 7 which is greyt considering how it was today. It's a good thing I was home today. Tomorrow I will speak to vet and take it from there. If she hadn't wanted to eat, I would have let it go but when she is looking for food, that is significant for her.

They haven't been anywhere, I have no chemicals in my yard. I just can't imagine.

All I can say is that it's ALWAYS something.

Just checking to see if things are any better. How's Polli?

Nice sig, my friend. Beautiful.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Polli decided she wanted to eat. I did not want to give her the regular kibble and whatever so I gave her some white rice and boiled chicken. She ate about a cup and that's it for tonight. She has not been out to poop since about 7 which is greyt considering how it was today. It's a good thing I was home today. Tomorrow I will speak to vet and take it from there. If she hadn't wanted to eat, I would have let it go but when she is looking for food, that is significant for her.

They haven't been anywhere, I have no chemicals in my yard. I just can't imagine.

All I can say is that it's ALWAYS something.

Just checking to see if things are any better. How's Polli?

Nice sig, my friend. Beautiful.

Thank you!! Can't take any credit for it though. But I'm sure you guessed that :lol Give Polli a hug from us

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Hollys2hounds

Hope everyone is feeling better!!!

Last summer the same thing happened to us. Gunny got it really bad. ...Ended up in the E-vet.

Hate when this happens!!! Have no idea what is was...

Keep us posted!

Kisses to all!

Robin, hope the pups' tummies improve... could it be the humidity? Merlin has had really nasty poop this past week - I am blaming the humidity as it's been suffocating here this week and he really HATES it. However, it's not been liquid... is it possible that they ate a small carcass or something? Do small critters get into your yard, ever?

Hope they feel better soon...

... k.

PS Claudia, I agree with Robin, I love the new siggy! (Wayne's earsies! :wub:)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sending prayers for your sweet babes. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Still the same. Spoke to vet. She thinks it's the heat even though we are air conditioned. THeir body temps are much higher etc.

She said as longs they are acting "normal" and they are, I can give flagyl 250mg BID. So, that's what we are up to.

Robin, I'm just catching up on this now. About two weeks ago our 3 greys had similar symptoms. It started with Fiona and within two days Zeke and Tasha were acting the same. Symptoms were liquid diarrhea, loss of appetite and general lethargy. Our vet did tests and decided they had picked up Corona Virus on one of their walks. They were placed on Flagyl for a week. Their diet was boiled chicken & rice for two days then gradually returned to their regular food. Within two days of treatment all 3 started to look and act normal and their diarrhea disappeared. I am happy to say they are their usual spunky selves once again.

Hope this helps a bit with your situation. The Flagyl should really do the trick no matter what the cause.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I always fast if mine get a bout of diarrhea. I've found that giving them food (even very bland food) just prolongs the misery - letting their stomach empty out seems to help it heal faster.

This can't be fun, especially with four dogs having it. I hope everyone feels better soon!

Fletcher had something similar a few weeks ago, turns out he'd picked up the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers in people, so his tummy hurt along with the nasty poop. A round of anti-b's fixed him up, but it took longer than it usually does. Hoping everyone starts feeling better soon!

The flagyl has made all the difference in the world. Just after 1 day, poops are getting much less frequent (from 5-6 to 1 or 2, normal) and they are starting to form. YAY.

That is Great News I am so happy that they are starting to feel better. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

That is Great News I am so happy that they are starting to feel better. :colgate

You, them and ME TOO! THanks a bunch! ;)

Robin, I am also glad to see they are on the mend. Thank goodness for the Flagyl!!!!

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Flagyl is a prescription drug that you have to get at the vet's and is used for a number of ailments. We've had a number of dogs on in over the years and with the exception of one, all have responded well to it for treatment.