I'm In Tears Here At Work...

Guest K9Cookies

Guest BradyzMommy

i was often at work while anxiously awaiting Bradys many test results.

it was horrible. the waiting is horrible. the unknown is horrible.

i am so sorry!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know we're all waiting with you, not that it helps. The one thing you do know is that if anyone can beat the odds, Bonnie can. We'll light that special candle for Miss Bonnie Twist. PLEASE let it be good news :candle

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest KRKWMU

It's 3:15 and I just heard from our vet. He still hasn't heard from Dr. Couto after sending an email yesterday morning. That's pretty unusual in our experience, so Dr. Betts is going to send another email to Dr. Couto.

So, we wait. :headwall I feel like once I know something (good or bad), I'll feel better with a plan in place.

Bonnie was playing with her toys yesterday even after the vincristine injection. She hasn't been eating well like she was before though...that worries me.

:bighug:bighug I am so Sorry, we will be keeping you and the baby in our prayers..

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest charmsmom

Oh, Bonnie, I'm so sorry. Those are the words we were all hoping you'd never have to hear.

Hugs to you and your crew.... :(

Guest KRKWMU
:grouphug

have you tried putting canned cat food or sardines in her kibble?

Hope you hear from OSU soon

~Pat

We've tried all kinds of things. She gets Reglan, Pepcid and sucralfate (as needed) to help with the nausea. Yesterday before the vincristine injection, she also got Cerenia, which helps a lot.

We give her several different options each feeding. I've also been adding an extra meal if she'll eat something. Things changed all of a sudden on the 4th of July, but we didn't have any fireworks or anything. I can't explain why she isn't eating like she was before on this new protocol. Our vet is going to mention this issue to Dr. Couto as well.

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers, everyone. Sorry for my breakdown. I feel a little better now, just knowing that we don't know anything yet! ;) I'm pleased that our vet called to tell me that we haven't heard from Dr. Couto. He just wanted to check in.

Guest tricolorhounds

I'm so sorry the news about Bonnie is not better... Sending tons of hugs and positive thoughts to Bonnie and your whole family :grouphug

<<Since Savannah broke her leg, the other dogs have been out of sorts so I know how one illness/injury can affect the rest of the family>>

Guest SoulsMom
It's 3:15 and I just heard from our vet. He still hasn't heard from Dr. Couto after sending an email yesterday morning. That's pretty unusual in our experience, so Dr. Betts is going to send another email to Dr. Couto.

So, we wait. :headwall I feel like once I know something (good or bad), I'll feel better with a plan in place.

Bonnie was playing with her toys yesterday even after the vincristine injection. She hasn't been eating well like she was before though...that worries me.

If it helps any, I know Dr Couto is going to be in Massachuettes on Sat, so he might be traveling? :unsure

Guest MomoftheFuzzy
I feel like I have to be strong when I'm home with the hounds. At work, I'm just a nervous wreck. Bonnie's lymph nodes are definitely changing and enlarging. Our vet yesterday mentioned the words..."Out of remission" and "the lymphoma is barely under control" :cry1 Obviously, this new protocol is not aggressive enough to fight back the cancer, even after 5 months of other stronger chemo medications. Our vet heard back from Dr. Couto yesterday, but hasn't had a chance to talk to us yet about his recommendations.

This waiting is TERRIBLE! I left a message for our vet and can't stand to sit here waiting for the phone to ring. Good news? Bad news? New medicine? New protocol? Officially out of remission? I just don't know. :(

This past several months in the back of my head I was hoping (and maybe expecting) that Bonnie would be one of the hounds to beat the odds and averages. The typical length of a first remission is less than a year, and remissions thereafter are usually shorter than the first. What does this mean for Bonnie??? Not very good statistics. I won't be naive about that.

I'm sorry everyone. I know this is a downer, but I just needed to vent. I'll let you know when I hear from our vet. Thanks.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug I've been there, too, with hearing difficult news about my hound at work. Very hard but please don't be afraid to feel what you're feeling when you need to.

In the meantime, I'll keep you and Bonnie in my thoughts and prayers.

Ah, Kristin, I'm so sorry that you and Bonnie are going through this. Please don't apologize for venting. You NEED to do that. If it helps at all, please know that we are all waiting with you. Your brave little girl is in our prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest KRKWMU
Just an FYI, when I saw Dr. Couto at the Virginia event he mentioned that even when he's traveling he takes at least 2 hours each night to read/reply to emails.

Prayers coming your way.

I'm certainly not upset with Dr. Couto. That man amazes me. I don't have any idea how he can manage his time so well and remember everything like he does! I'm very appreciative for what he's done for us. I'm sure our vet will call today with a plan.

On a good note, Bonnie is doing just fine. Her lymph nodes feel like they are going down. She played with lots of toys last night (dragged a bunch out of the basket after I cleaned up, but I don't care! :lol) No diarrhea from the vincristine. She's been eating OK. She much prefers wet food over the EVO kibble right now. That's OK with us! :colgate

That's so great that Bonnie is feeling good through all of this.I know you'll keep us posted. Bonnie is always in our thoughts. And she couldn't be in better care. You are truly amazing. And your DH too of course

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Just an FYI, when I saw Dr. Couto at the Virginia event he mentioned that even when he's traveling he takes at least 2 hours each night to read/reply to emails.

Prayers coming your way.

I'm certainly not upset with Dr. Couto. That man amazes me. I don't have any idea how he can manage his time so well and remember everything like he does! I'm very appreciative for what he's done for us. I'm sure our vet will call today with a plan.

On a good note, Bonnie is doing just fine. Her lymph nodes feel like they are going down. She played with lots of toys last night (dragged a bunch out of the basket after I cleaned up, but I don't care! :lol ) No diarrhea from the vincristine. She's been eating OK. She much prefers wet food over the EVO kibble right now. That's OK with us! :colgate

Keep up the good work sweetie! Baby steps...one day at a time! An Angel Watches Over....:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending heartfelt prayers for your lovely girl and yourself.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest jettcricket

Prayers coming your way.

On a good note, Bonnie is doing just fine. Her lymph nodes feel like they are going down. She played with lots of toys last night (dragged a bunch out of the basket after I cleaned up, but I don't care! :lol) No diarrhea from the vincristine. She's been eating OK. She much prefers wet food over the EVO kibble right now. That's OK with us! :colgate

I'm so happy to hear that Bonnie is doing well!!! :)

Kristin...let me know if you want me to mail you the Leukeran. I know you mentioned that she gets her next dose on the 15th.

Edited by jettcricket