Sam

tamborine

I just got back from the e. vet and am still in shock. My beautiful Sam, my loving little pussy-foot man, is gone. He was fine today, but when I went to feed them tonight at 11:30 he didn't come out. I did a search for him, and found him wedged in a corner behind the sofabed. He was limp, couldn't stand, and all wet underneath for some reason. I went into a panic, put him in a crate & rushed to the e vet. His body temp was 90 and dropping, glucose was dangerously low, and he was in respiratory distress. The vet said he was going to die, probably within an hour, and even if I chose to treat him, chances were good he could die anyway, because we didn't know what was going on. I was afraid that, since he was getting older, it would be something horrible, and I would just be prolonging his misery. So I had him euthanized. He was 13 years old.

He was the best cat - so friendly, and loving - more like a dog than a cat. He slept with me every night, right next to (or on) my pillow, and would knead and purr before he went to sleep. If I sat in a chair, he was in my lap. If I was on the computer, he was sitting right on the desk (or walking on the keyboard). He followed me from room to room, and always wanted to be near me. I had him since he was 4 years old: he had 2 teeth, no tail, a gimpy back leg, and megacolon, but the sweetest personality ever. I adopted him & his "brother", Max, when the family who had them since kittenhood suddenly became "allergic". Sam had been attacked by a dog when he was a kitten - a ligament in his leg was ruptured, he had pelvic injuries (resulting in the megacolon) and his tail was mauled and had to be amputated. But even with all that, he loved the dogs, and would always head-butt against them, or lie near them.

I can't believe I'm sitting here typing this. I'm still in a daze, and it feels so surreal. I feel like tomorrow I'll wake up and there he'll be, on my pillow, as always.

Sam, my little pussy-man, my little Sam-I-Am!! I love you - there's a giant hole in my heart now. I'll miss you, my baby.

P8301215.jpg

Edited by tamborine

Maryann, Bama (TW Beltram), Stephanie (Tom's Stepinhi) & Henderson the Cardigan Welsh Corgi

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am so very sorry. :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious baby. My Zombie will show him around the bridge.

You will be in my prayers.

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:grouphug

Sorry for your sudden loss.....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I am so sorry. My sympathies to you and your family.

Godspeed Sam. If you look for my two monsters, I'm sure they can show you a fun place to play and sleep in the sun.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

I am so sorry for your sudden loss of Sam. :(

We also have a B&W cat named Sam who was 15 on the 4th. I always say he is the best cat ever, just like your Sam, so I understand how special your Sam is to you. I hope your shock wears off and you can share more Sam memories with us. Through your stiories, Sam will live on.

Sending hugs,

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.