Mazie's Out Of Surgery Post 73

Guest BooMooandDoo

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Winterwish

Wow I'm so glad Mazie is coming home and doing well! That's pretty amazing,the surgery and all of it!

Sending out get well wishes for Mazie! :dogcookie:dogcookie:getwell

Guest BooMooandDoo
Wait, no pictures???? Did you actually get some sleep????

How is Mazie? How did you guys hold up?

No, I forgot my USB cable at the store :rofl :rofl :rofl

Overall, she's doing pretty well. She was so happy to get out of the vet. . that it looked like she'd jump out of her skin. According the vet tech, she was as bad as alluded too. . . . .. so it was a good thing she got to come home.

Last night, she was pretty stable on her feet. . .I don't know if it was the endorphins or the really good pain killers they gave her but she was acting like nothing happened. I was suprised how she moved around without any obvious pain. . .. . .

Last night was bad, but not horrible. We moved her crate into our bedroom and when it was time for bed, put her in it. . .well, that didn't make her to happy. The only reason we resorted to the crate is because she kept jumping up on our bed which is a big no-no. After about two hours of crying, I laid on the dog bed next to the crate, and she settled for about 15 minutes. Then the crying resumed. As a last resort, I let her out, put on her leash, grabbed the three dog beds, piled them in the dining room, and we both laid down. Not a peep out of her after we were laying on the dog beds. She slept like a rock. . . me not so much.

This morning we moved the dining room table, put our old mattress on the floor, and I figure this is where I'm going to sleep for the next couple weeks. :lol

Today she's totally sacked out, and a little more wobbly than yesterday. I hope that she rests peacefully today. . . I've got to try to get her in her crate shortly. Wish me luck!

I will post pictures once I get to the store :)

Edited by BooMooandDoo

*Sleepy girl, how nice that crate looks! How 'bout a nap to catch up on that beauty sleep, eh? Aaaaaaahhhh, yeeeeeeeeesss ... very nice ... very relaxing ... sleeping feels so good, you'll even want to sleep all night, too, so Mommy can get rested, too. Mommy's making a baby, so you have to treat her extra nice, y'know. Sllleeeeeeeppyyyyyyy.... *

:D

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest tricolorhounds
If I were to sing. . . it would definitely turn into a howling match :rofl :rofl :rofl

So she's a music critic too B)