Mazie's Out Of Surgery Post 73

Guest BooMooandDoo

I've been thinking of Mazie this morning - sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers for her surgery to be successful and recovery to be swift :hope :hope :grouphug :grouphug

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding our prayers for Mazie, and and an addition to the chant -- Mazie will be good as new & pain free, Mazie will be good as new & pain free!!!!

Susan, Albert & Opie

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Guest BooMooandDoo

I just dropped her off. . .her surgery won't be until this afternoon. She was VERY unhappy being left, and I could hear her in the parking lot. My poor girl. :(

Mazie, the poor tiny puppy! I'm going to bet that as soon as you drove off, she started seducing all the staff, and by now they're all thoroughly smitten. NO one can resist the charms of the Moose!! Wabi and Brilly will tell you that!! You're going to have to make darn sure they give her back after her surgery!!

Hang in there, and keep us updated!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Checking in and sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest BooMooandDoo
Any word yet, Lori?

No. . .I'm thinking 4 will be the soonest I hear anything.

It's funny. . .even though Mazie has been spending 80% of her time in her crate and not really interacting with anyone . . . . her being gone makes my house lonely. The energy is "off". As I was putting on my shoes to go for a walk, the boys both went to the back room to get her . . . .and came out like. . . Moosie isn't here :(

:(

Well, tell them that the Mooser will be back and ready to walk and play after she's all better, which is worth waiting for!

Keeping my eyes on this thread!!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Just checking in to see if there was any news. I've been thinking of Mazie today. Hope everything went/is going okay. :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Checking in. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh nuts!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Sending prayers for Mazie. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Sending oodles of prayers for Mazie and hugs to you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest BooMooandDoo

Mazie is out of surgery. Everything went well. Once he opened her up he was able to see the extent of the deformity. Her L7 looks like it tried to be a L6 (whatever that means) so he wasn't able to open up the vertebrae enough to remove the herniation, but he opened it up enough to remove the herniation pressure. . .so the nerves are no longer pressed against the top of the vertebrae junction. He was able to stabilize the joint, which was the important thing. If all goes well she should be able come come home Thursday. :yay :yay :yay

Edited by BooMooandDoo

Good news! I hope she heals quickly.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.