Spencer Is At The E-vet

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I got home from work at 4:30 yesterday and noticed that Spencer wouldn't take treats and then I spotted abut 3 places where he vomited. I called his vet and the stupid girl who answered the phone said all the appt. times were booked so take him to the e-vet. I will talk more about this later, but suffice it to say, I was LIVID! So I monitored Spencer a few more hours and in that time he vomited up the water he had drunk 2 times, so remembering the last time he got sick and very dehydrated, I took him to the e-vet. Once there he started having uncontrollable bloody diarreah along with the vomiting. His body temp was normal but he was dehydrated. So they kept him overnight and were doing a big blood panel on him looking for lymphoma, giardia and parvo along with giving him iv fluids and antibiotics and some other medications. I told them to call me if there was any change in his health. So far I haven't heard anything. I have to pick him up at 7:30am as they close at 8am and take him over to my regular vet. I'll know more then. Of course I have been crying my eyeballs out! I just don't understand how I can leave him in the morning being completely normal and come home to this? Both Emmy & Clyde are fine so it's not anything they shared when home alone.

I'll update this post when I know more later this morning. Please keep Spencer in your prayers. He's only 7 and my baby!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sending many prayers!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Sending my prayers and white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending prayers for your boy and hoping he is much better this morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.