Trish

Guest charmsmom

Guest charmsmom

I don't know why, but I've been thinking about Trish a lot these days. I miss seeing her smiling face on the forum and miss her happy posts. She was always so positive and upbeat. I know I am not the only one missing her, so I thought I'd bring her back to GT for a bit.

Every time I make a blanket, I think about her now, and I have her on my site. I sent off a package to KyGreys for a silent auction that was a pair of blankets identical to Trish's in everything but color, and that was very hard. I almost kept one for myself, but I didn't because that would be selfish and very un-Trish-like. She must have touched me very deeply in the short time I knew her because my heart hurts tonight and feels her absence. :cry1

Has anyone talked to or heard from Adrian? I wonder often how he's holding up and how he's coping with her loss...

Thanks for listening... :brokenheart

I miss her too. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Thinking of Trish in Minnesota tonight. :angelwings

I wonder if there's an afterlife. Sometimes I'm so sure, and sometimes I just wonder. I hope there is, and I hope that she can still reach down and touch us and that she knows we love her and miss her.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest VelvetEars

I talk with Adrian periodically, and I know he keeps in touch w/ Judy and, I assume, Xan.

He's doing okay....as well as can be expected, I guess.

It's not easy for any of us. It's like when God plucked her off the earth, she left a vacuum that still hasn't been filled.

It's funny that Tami posted what she did. Trish has visited Adrian, most often in the car when she changes the radio station to "her station" while he's driving. So yeah - I think she knows we miss her, and I know she's watching over A.

Edited by VelvetEars

We miss you Trish. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I was just thinking about her the other day too. She was such a colorful part of GT, it seems very different here without her. :(

I hope Adrian is doing well---I imagine it's been really difficult for him :grouphug

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

weird.. I've been thinking about her a lot lately too in the past few days. :( I miss her too!!!

Just makes me think even more than ever, that life is too short and don't put off stuff until tomorrow.

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest KyGrey

I'm constantly thinking about Trish and wondering how Adrian is doing. I do hear about him from Meredith every once in a while. Thanks Meredith! I only knew her for a couple years or so but she made a big impact on my life. At times when I go to do something I stop to think, "What would Trish do?" and sometimes change my mind on how I react or do things. I miss her so much as I know quite a few of us do.

When I was getting PM's about the Gypsy search I looked down my mailbox and there was an old message from Trish I never deleted. I just can't delete it.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Guest charmsmom

I have a few old PMs from her, too. I think of her every time I read them, and she had been thinking about coming out to visit me, and I was so excited. Then *POOF* she's gone. I think we didn't feel her for a while because she was so busy with all the hounds she was getting at the bridge (:( ), but she's not quite as busy now so we're feeling her again.

side question: She changes the radio on Adrian?? How cool!!

Guest VelvetEars
side question: She changes the radio on Adrian?? How cool!!

Yeah. He was worried I'd think he was nuts, but no - I told him I wasn't surprised she made contact with him so soon. While the dogs were still at home, he was pretty sure they were seeing her too.

Guest Snowy8

I had PM'd Judy yesterday about someone we knew dying this week & that her greyhounds had been taken to MSGAO...3 have already been adopted. It dawned on me while typing & I said it to Judy, it'd been 2 months since Trisha left us.

I miss my IM interruptions...:beatheart:hehe:beatheart

Edited by Snowy8

Guest how888

I really miss reading all of her posts here on greytalk. She was such a gentle spirit I believe she will send many signs to the ones she loves. I'm so glad she changes the radio station! Funny how so many of us do believe in that afterlife and over that rainbow. Trish, you were so loved!!!

Trish has been much on my mind lately, too. Maybe not more than usual, though. :blush:

I just find her laughing in my head, calling me names, asking about the dogs and telling me to give everyone a kiss and not to say bad things about Pogo! :lol Our conversations had such a rhythm, and I can sort of ... how can I explain? ... It's like hearing a song in my head, sort of in the background, but bubbling up to consciousness at certain times. Someone will say "banana" (even when I say it myself) and it turns into her voice saying "Xanna Banana!!" and laughing. :lol Or, the phone will ring around dinner time, and there will be a familiar moment; a sardonic grin, and the thought, "I bet that's Trish!" ... followed by the sad settling knowledge that, no, it's not. After that, I usually run through that ... melody or cadence of our usual conversations, like the song getting louder in my head, for awhile.

I've been reading a book, yesterday the part I was reading was discussing organ donors and what happens to them. It was ... intense, reading and thinking, "This is what happened to Trish."

I haven't heard from Adrian in some time, which is alright. Our friendship was about Trish's passing, and that might well be a stage he wants to pass through to the next one. I did just write him a "thinking about you" email, though. Someone tell him I said "hi" if you speak to him, 'kay?

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Thank everyone for sharing your thoughts with us. It really helps to know others are thinking about her and missing her as well.

I had a weird radio incident the other day (even e-mailed my step sister about it) now that I think about it, I wonder if Trish had anything to do with it? I hope she did :)

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest Jennifer4719

I was just thinking about Trish, just yesterday and I never knew her outside this forum. I thinks it is cools that she changes the radio station on Adrian. I have heard that is a sign that she made it to the "other side" and she is okay. Have any of you ever read the book "Journey of Souls" by Dr. Michael Newton? It is a very interesting book that I read after a close friend of my husband's died. It is worth reading.

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

I think of her at least a few times a week. I hope her family and close friends can find comfort somehow, knowing she's at peace.

:heart

It's odd. After I wrote that email to Adrian, then read and responded on this thread, Adrian called me for the first time in quite awhile yesterday (just as I was making dinner, which was Trish's favorite time to call!) We talked for a bit about this and that, until his phone cut off. I tried to call him back, but it went to voice mail ... And Trish's voice is still there.

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Oddly enough I was thinking about her yesterday. I never met her or knew her personally except for her posts on GT, but she passed at a time when I was going thru some stuff with family and the love everyone has for her touched me in a very personal way. I wish I had known her.

Missing Zola, my hero and my heart; and Brin, my baby dog, my wisp of love.

Guest VelvetEars

For those of you who say you didn't know her --- you really do. You know her through us. You know her in the unconditional love we give our hounds. You know her in the way we care about each other, check in when we know things aren't going well, and post condolences in Remembrance for hounds we have never known but loved just the same.