Time Running Out

Guest Redpack

Guest Redpack

I had to hand feed him this morning and he didn't finish, the first time he's ever done this. Does this mean he is giving up?

He may just be having an off day. Has it been hot? I know the heat will prevent my boy from eating sometimes...You can try something really yummy (to them!) like tripe, or sardines -something stinky! Or maybe the painkillers could be upsetting his tum a bit? I've read that others give pepcid or some such to help soothe the stomach.

I hope it's just the day and that you have many more good days with your boy... :grouphug :grouphug

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Only you know the answer to that question. Maybe he's just having a bad day. You've got many prayers coming your way. :candle

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest HeatherDemps

Perhaps it could be just a bad day? I think I have heard others say three bad days in a row would be more indicative of it being time... Mine will sometimes refuse to eat a meal even when nothing is wrong, I think his tummy just gets kind of "off". During chemo, it was really bad with refusing to eat and Pepcid AC (regular, not Max) as others have mentioned really made a difference. Hang in there.....

Guest Redpack

Thank you. I hope it's a bad day and that we can make it better. I'll try Pepsid and some stinky food. Thank you for the advice and prayers, we appreciate every one.

Try meat baby food, tripe, smelly stuff to hopefully stimulate his sences.

Prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending my prayers. When Angel LaceyLaine was so ill...Oncology gave us Remeron...I swear...it really spiked her appetite at least for a while. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest HersheysMom

I'm so sorry :grouphug

A tip I picked up from Laurie Kaplan's book on helping your dog fight cancer re appetite loss is actually DON'T use stinky food - if they are nauseas it's it turn-off. Try lightly cooking some kind of meat (I did turkey patties) and freezing for about 2 hours - which is just long enough to still be able to cut it but it's ice cold and will barely have an odor. That worked for us at one point. Also BLAND things - that don't stink - try plain bread. Let us know.

ETA: If you do Pepcid you can do up to 20 mg at one time - at least 1/2 hour before feeding.

Edited by HersheysMom

Guest Redpack

My son got him to eat last night by adding braunswager :P to his kibble, but he insisted I feed him from my hand this morning. Going to talk to the vet to see if they can readjust some of his meds. If we can't get the inflammation down, we will have to let him go.

Just checking in... Glad your son got him to eat. I hope the visit to the vet helps provides some solutions or answers.

Sending good thoughts, and many hugs. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sending prayers... :hope How's your boy doing today?

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Thinking of you and sending hugs.

We gave B. a low dose of prednisone (as well as Pepcid) to help his appetite. But, yeah, nothing works forever. :(

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What is it about being hand-fed? Cosmo did that for nearly a year before she left for the Bridge. I guess they feel special, and learn quickly that we will do anything to keep them happy and keep them eating.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest Redpack

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers...they seem to be working. Vet upped his anti-inflammatory and said it's okay to give pepsid...and DH had a talk with Diplomat who said he'd just as soon hang around a little longer. :) He is still needing to be coaxed to eat, but he is eating and we are enjoying spoiling him as much as we can...and he seems to be enjoying the hot weather--he has always loved lying out in the sun and has been indulging, and I think is still enjoying life, so long as we can keep the pain under control.

He is such a beautiful boy, when I look at him, it is hard to believe he is dying....