Bodie Returns To Osu (long)

Guest Bodie

Guest vahoundlover
I think you've made such a brave and courageous choice. I'm not sure that I could have been as brave and selfless as you have been.

Me too!

Glad to hear Bodie sailed thru this first treatment and is settling in well with his new friends. Keeping your precious boy in my prayers and sending lots of hugs to you and Lew.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's just at summer camp. That's it medical summer camp!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Yes, medical summer camp - for the benefit of all canine-kind :beatheart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest MomoftheFuzzy
I want to update that I talked to Leah, the vet student, tonight. Bodie had his first treatment today and he sailed right through it with no complications so far. The hospital sent home stomach meds for Bodie "just in case" but so far he hasn't needed them. In fact, when I spoke with Leah, he had been begging for dinner. That's my boy!

He gets his next treatment on Friday. Tomorrow he will go to OSU with her and hangout at the "greyhound bar". That's where the blood donors stay. Bodie will love socializing with the other greyhounds. I'm trying to view this as a trip to the doggie spa for him so I don't miss him so much - it hasn't worked, but I'm trying.

:grouphug Good boy, Bodie. You'll make it through. Medical summer camp sounds like a good way to look at it.

:yay:yay:yay For Bodie. So good to hear he is doing well. I can only imagine how much you miss him. We'll keep you both in our prayers.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Hollys2hounds

You are all in our prayers and thoughts!!!

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

With love,

Holly and gang

Guest HeatherDemps

Rhonda,

Glad to hear that it is going well so far and that Bodie has settled in. I hope that treatment tomorrow goes well also! Will continue thinking of you both often....

Heather

Sending more prayers for Bodie and his family. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

One week has passed already! praying the treatment works for Bodie and the remaining week passes quickly for you.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Bodie, we're thinking of you today, buddy... you're doing such a good thing. :kiss2 Thank you. Stay strong.

Oh gosh, I can't imagine how hard it was to leave your baby there for two weeks, but I think I would of made the same decision. They sound wonderful at OSU, willing to work with you and put your boy first, so that should give you some peace of mind.

It sounds like he is in very capable hands and that is so greyt that he can live with the vet student instead of the kennel. I know when we have had to leave one of our guys at the vet school in Columbia, MO, the students kept in constant touch with us, updating us along the way. While it wasn't easy leaving them, it's such a relief to hear constant updates.

Sounds like you have one week down, just one to go. How far is OSU from your house?

Prayers that this new treatment works on Bodie and prayers that your week flies by for your family and your boy is back home! :bighug

Oh and thank you to Bodie and your big part in this fight against this hideous disease!! :kiss2

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

:grouphug:getwell:getwell:getwell:grouphug

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest Bodie

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes for Bodie. It's been a very long week for me. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you with a recent update, but I have been overbooking myself, trying to keep busy and keep my mind off of how quiet and empty the house feels without him.

I spoke with Leah, the vet student, yesterday. Today will be a major milestone in his treatment - he gets an x-ray which will show whether the treatment is working. If his lung mets have grown - it isn't working and the treatment will stop. If it worked, the lung mets will have stayed the same size or shrunk and he will receive two more treatments this week. I will post as soon as I know anything.

Poor Bodie. He got to running with Leah's dogs, fell on her kitchen floor and bruised his hip. Now he's on Rimadyl for the pain. Leah says he seems a bit depressed. No wonder - sore hip, no Mom... He must wonder why I'm not there for him.

And to answer a previous question - we live 7 hours away - so a quick visit just isn't possible. I miss him so much!

Guest Machbragal

I just found this thread -- I think you absolutely made the right decision -- and such a brave one, too. Hang in there. Please let us know what the x-rays showed. I am praying very hard for Bodie and his family.

Guest Bodie

I just heard from Dr. London at OSU. The treatment didn't work - his lung mets have grown. Since Bodie has to remain at OSU until Saturday, which is the first time we can pick him up, she asked if she could give him another stronger dose on Thursday to see if that would help. He would then return to OSU in two weeks for a check-up. Since we have come this far, I said yes. At this point, I don't know if it will help, but it may help Dr. London's research. Perhaps with a miracle, it might help Bodie.

I am so sorry to read this. All strong prayers coming for a good strong second dose. Hugs to you.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds