Penny Has A Lump. It's Nothing, Right?

Guest TuxsMom

Guest TuxsMom

Penny has a lump that feels like a grape under her skin. It's on her chest and feels like its under her fat layer.

I'll take her to the vet next week.

But others have had this and it's turned out to be no big deal right? I'm kinda not too worried because i've had a tumor cut out of my cat (was cancer, but she is ok today), and tumors cut out of myself (not cancer), so i'm not freaking.

but want i want to hear is stories from you guys about lumps that turned out to be nothing....

anyone? :unsure

Guest FordRacingRon

Well, not Leia , but one of our grey-sitter's grey has a lump on the ouside of his body right in front of a hind leg about the size of a golf ball,,and it's some kind of fatty lump and has had it for years. So here's one vote for it could be "nothing" .

Guest argolola

Prayers for your little sweetie. Hopefully it's just a little fatty lump.

I took Lola for a check last month for a lump on her sternum area and it was fine.

Edited by argolola

I'm sure it's nothing, but it;s always good to be reassured by the vet. Prayers your way.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Can you put your fingers all the way around it?? Like can you pull the skin and pinch it and it's still inside the skin and not attached to a bone/muscle or something of that nature??

Major has one on his arm (has had it for about 6 years now).. just a fatty thingie :) He has a couple of smaller ones on his chest too.

Hope it's just a fatty thingie :)

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest Janeysmom

We had a bad scare about a month after Jane came to us. She had a grape sized lump that just appeared on the back her neck overnight that seemed to be right on a vertabrae. I stupidly got on the internet to see what it might have been and learned of osteo for the first time. It was also on a weekend so we waited until Monday and got her right in. The vet wasn't even sure that it was not Osteo, but he did all of the tests and everything came back fine. I can't even remember what it was, some kind of infection i think. He gave her a shot and told us to keep an eye on it and if it got bigger to bring her back. It took a few weeks but it finally went away. I aged 20 years in that one weekend just waiting to find out what was wrong.

Guest LazyBones

pokey had a lump like that on her chest, and the vet said it was just a fatty tumor - nothing to worry about. gumby also has had a small one on the side of her chest for years, and it has caused to problems. :)

I don't know, but I'm hoping it's nothing, please keep us posted after you've seen the vet!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

If it feels as though it's just a "grape", not attached to anything, it's probably just a lipoma. Buddy's got a bunch of those, and we just keep an eye on them....

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest TuxsMom

yep it feels like a "globule" of fat. its not "anchored" by any structure....i can put my fingers all the way around it.

i'm not worried at this point, but am going to take her in just to be sure!

thank you so much ! :D

yep it feels like a "globule" of fat. its not "anchored" by any structure....i can put my fingers all the way around it.

i'm not worried at this point, but am going to take her in just to be sure!

thank you so much ! :D

Glad you're taking her in to be safe, but Patrick has a lump like that, it's just a fat lump, no big deal unless they're in a place where they get irritated.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest charmsmom

I've been boarding greys, and every one I've boarded has had one of those. It's always a fatty lipoma. If it worries you, take him in to put your mind at ease...but here's another vote for "nothing". :)

My Kramer was covered with those as he turned into an old man. 99.99% of them were nothing...

Sounds like a fatty cyst and NOTHING to worry about. My parents' dog has one of those in her chest area, and it grew to be HUGE. It's not malignant, but to remove it would be far more painful than just leaving it alone. Try not to freak out, but do keep an eye on it.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck