Please Keep My Pups In Your Thoughts....

Tomorrow morning (Wednesday) Buddy and Rascal are going in for dentals. Buddy is 11, and Rascal will be 9 on Friday, so they aren't spring chickens anymore. Please keep my babies in your thoughts and prayers.....Rascal is also going have a lump looked at, and possibly removed. I think it's a lipoma, but it appeared rather suddenly and is nearly the size of an egg. It's on the "upper arm" part of her left front leg. I will leave it up to the vet's discretion as to whether or not it should be removed. Buddy's got a bunch of lipomas, but none that are that large.

Buddy may end up having his little front teeth removed. They are awful looking, and obviously sensitive, since I can't really get near them with a toothbrush. Very nasty. So he may be having a bunch of extractions.

I know it's just dentals, but every little prayer helps. :hope

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

No...not just dentals! It's your precious babies going under anesthesia and of course you are worried...but everything is going to be just FINE! :) Sending the best thoughts and most gentle hugs. I'll keep checking in tomorrow. :grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'll be keeping your babies in my thoughts tomorrow and keeping my fingers crossed!! :goodluck :goodluck

... and these are for you --> :grouphug:bighug:)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

You got it. I am sending mega doses of prayers your way. My Polli and Beau are going in together on Thursday for dentals.

I understand your fears and concerns emotionally.

Logically, I know they will all be OK! Logic and emotion are 2 completely different things!!!

Please update when your babies are home.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Okay, you got it!

*All will be well! Clean, healthy teeth and easy wakey-wakey! All will be well! Clean, healthy teeth and easy wakey-wakey! All will be well! Clean, healthy teeth and easy wakey-wakey!* :)

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

No...not just dentals! It's your precious babies going under anesthesia and of course you are worried...but everything is going to be just FINE! :) Sending the best thoughts and most gentle hugs. I'll keep checking in tomorrow. :grouphug:grouphug

Patti's right.

Sending lots of good thoughts for your babies. :candle:hope:grouphug

Ah, Melissa, I'll be thinking good thoughts for Buddy and Rascal tomorrow. Hard to believe your little girl is 9. I know they will be more comfortable if there are any teeth that need to be removed. And just think how beautiful they will look with shining clean toofers! Hope everything's okay with the lumps too.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest boni923

My 2 had 8 & 11 teeth removed, but leaving them in could be unspeakably bad for your babies. They don't respond well to pain, so hopefully they only need the cleaning!

Guest HighMaintenance

Hi there. My boy had his dental yesterday and came through fine. Although he is younger (5 yo) than your babies, I just wanted to let you know that everything will be just fine. We thought he was going to have up to 4 teeth extracted (his front teeth were terrible, they looked like corn kernals!), but he didn't end up having any taken! His teeth look so nice and his breath doesn't make me pass out anymore! I picked him up at 4 pm and he slept pretty much the entire evening and night. He seemed to be sick to his stomach, but didn't throw up. They also warned me he may have a cough and to only give him small amounts of food water, due to the endotracheal tube that was placed for the procedure.

Prayers going out to you. I know what it's like to wait all day for the call from the vet saying he's just fine! :grouphug

Guest paulamariez

Keeping your precious babies in my thoughts and prayers for a quick and uneventful dental today! I know how worried you must be! I just went through it last Friday with Bueller and everything turned out fine with that! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending some healing doggie kisses to your little sweethearts!

UPDATE: I just had a call from the vet. She told me the following:

Rascal--her creatinine level is up a bit; looking at previous bloodwork, it is higher than it has been. She is concentrating her urine OK, but there is a lot of protein in it. She took a needle sample of the lump, it was inconclusive. She thinks it could just be a fatty tumor.

Buddy--his creatinine is also up a little, and his BUN is elevated. He is also concentrating his urine OK, but he also has a lot of protein in it.

Here's the plan. She's going to check their blood pressures, and if those are OK she will proceed with the dentals. If the BP is up, she will NOT do the dentals but try and control the BP first.

She told me that certainly having bad teeth can cause the kidney values to be "not right", so as along as their BP's are OK they will have the dentals....as for Rascal's lump, as long as she's doing OK with the anesthesia, she'll just go ahead and take that off, too.

My poor pups. :( I just hope the kidney numbers being off is because of having icky teeth....I already have a cat who is on prescription food for kidney function....

Any of you vet peeps, feel free to educate me further if you can. :colgate

Thinking of you all! Just wanted to say...we just went through this protein in the urine along with low concentration. After speaking with Dr. Couto...he wanted a first morning U/A UPC which all came back normal...but still a 2+ protein. BP was normal...so a few days later we went ahead with his dental. As for the 2+...Dr. Couto is not concerned. Please update us as you can. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Well, it is an hour and a half later, and no word from the vet, so I am assuming the puppers' blood pressures were OK and they are going ahead with the dentals.

I get to call at 3:00 to see how they're doing, and when they can come home.....

It was weird today to walk with only one dog. On one hand it was nice, because Ruby doesn't make many stops (like the other two), so it was actually like exercise! :lol On the other hand I felt "empty". Two people asked me where my other two dogs were!

Nothing yet. She (vet) told me that if their BP's were high, she would call; that if I didn't hear from her, assume the BP's were OK and the dentals would be done.

90 minutes till I can call....

They must have gone ahead with the dentals or you would have heard, right?

Let us know when you hear something, worried Mom.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

They must have gone ahead with the dentals or you would have heard, right?

Let us know when you hear something, worried Mom.

Right. The vet gave me the option of going ahead with them or not, assuming the BP's were OK. Since unhealthy teeth can put a strain on the kidneys, I want to go ahead and get them done. They definitely needed it. Maybe if the teeth are clean, the kidney values will return to a normal range....if they don't then we worry about what to do then. She was going to be sure to perfuse them adequately, since the anesthesia also puts a strain on the kidneys.

She's put my dogs out many times, and they have always done well. I trust her 100%.