Alan After The Holistic Vet

Guest ss556

Guest ss556

We had a very long consult and examination on Wednesday. The doctor manipulated his legs looking for range of motion. She wants me to get an xray of his right rear leg to rule out cancer. She said he is hurting from the neck to the very back. She did acupuncture but not near the right rear leg. She gave me traumeel. He is more mellow since the visit and the right leg seems to bother him more. He has a little harder time getting up and squatting to "make". She may not be reachable until tuesday. Is this normal after acupuncture? I'm getting scared. He can walk and seems fine, wants to eat, wants to go out, but that #$%! leg.

it could just be sore from the manipulation...I wouldn't think it's because of the acupuncture

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest vahoundlover

I would *doubt* the acupuncture has anything to do with his leg bothering him more. I think xrays of that leg are a good idea, sooner the better. :grouphug Boss is always mellow (in a good way) for a couple of days after treatment, it's like it makes him *just feel good*

Did she tell you why she was needling certain areas? Mine always tells us *the points* and what that needle/needles should do.

Keepin Alan in my prayers :candle:hope

I answered your email. Please have that right leg xrayed today. I am around if you need me.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending prayers for Alan that he feels better soon...and for good news on his x-rays. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Carla

Hi Susan,

Glad to hear Alan is mellower since the visit.

I would get the leg x-rayed too, just to see if anything shows up. I know how hard it is to be calm, but let's all think positive thoughts for Alan and hopefully, it is something minor.

Carla

Edited by Carla

Guest ss556

I will definitely have his leg xrayed on Monday to see if there is cancer. He has to take a valium 2 hrs. before - I hope he does ok with that.

I'm just hoping that he is sore from the examination. Keep Alan in your prayers please.

The Vet used 7 needles - two were in his left foot, two by the kidneys and two by the shoulders and one in the head - to calm him (yeah, right). When she was taking them out, the one by the right kidney did not want to come out, she said the body needed that.

Edited by ss556

Poor Alan! Argos his twin sends love and prayers for a speedy recovery and an "it's just a strain" diagnosis.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

This from the acupuncturist that Bailey is going to see on Monday...

"Acupuncture is one of the safest forms of medical treatment for animals when administered by a properly trained veterinarian. Side effects of acupuncture are rare, but they may occur. An animal's condition may seem worse for up to 48 hours after a treatment."

But I think an xray should be done asap. Sending prayers

Edited by LadyBailey

Prayers for your boy. I had a lot of acupuncture done on one of my boys and I remember the vet telling me that sometimes the needles would fall out before he came in to remove them and some would be stubborn. According to him, the needles would fall out if they weren't needed and stay in if they were. Didn't make sense to me but he knew what he was doing and the acupuncture really did help. I also use Traumeel. It's really great stuff and if it's the gel, the dogs usually love the massage with it.Hoping for good news after the xray

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I remember once when my angel, Bailey was getting acupuncture and one of the needles was actually spinning! she said she really needed it there!

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Sending good wishes for Alan :goodluck:clover

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Yes, needles that are "stuck" are (in the eastern world) releasing energy from that area. Someitmes it takes a bit for the acupuncture to even "work". It's weird how the needles don't always get placed in the suspect area. But somehow it works.

I hope Alan's x-rays are negative. After acup. one time, Battle developed a limp. Come to find out, the acupuncture released a more painful area for him and becuase of that, the limp showed up because he was compensating with that leg for so long and it was less painful (at the time) than the treated area.

Hope everything is ok with Alan.

Guest ss556

Alan is doing better today! He was running around that my DH had to stop him so he wouldn't over do it - that was this morning. That right leg is not as bad as yesterday, but its still bothering him. Of course, he's been sleeping most of the day though!

Guest ss556

Alan and his mommy want to thank all of you for your well wishes. He will still be going for xrays on Monday around noon. He will take 10 mgs. of Valium 2 hrs. before his visit along w/ Rescue Remedy. That right rear leg better not have cancer!

It darn well better KNOT. Hoping handsome Alan is feeling even better tomorrow.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest vahoundlover

No cancer, no cancer, no cancer, no cancer, no cancer........................

Glad his leg seems to be better. :hope