Argos Needs Your Prayers Today

I just dropped Argos off for his dental today. While he's out, the vet is also going to do surgery to repair the hematoma in his ear, which has grown to enormous proportions. She is going to pull the ear layers apart, drain the hematoma, and put in "snaps" to keep the ear layers together so it can't happen again. Poor boy will have to wear the dreaded cone for 3 weeks so he doesn't tear the snaps out.

He (and I) would appreciate any prayers and good thoughts you have to spare today!

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Sending lots and lots of good thoughts for Argos today. I will be keeping my fingers crossed. I know how you feel today - Merlin is probably "under" by now too... and he's only having his dental, no other surgery...

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

... and :grouphug :grouphug for Argos' mum :)

Please keep us posted!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Thank you! They usually schedule all of their surgeries for the afternoon, so he'll be finished hopefully by 2 or so and I'll pick him up after I've walked and fed the other dogs, so around 7:30. I'll be a stress case until then. I actually teared up when I dropped him off this morning!

Everything is going to be just fine! :) Sending prayers for good measure. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Argos will be in my thoughts today. Is it possible for your vet & Argos to try one of those thick, padded, foam-type "collars" which prevent houndies from bending their neck around all the way? It works like The Cone of Goodness would, but it's a bit less annoying. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about and can post a linkie to it?

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Best wishes! I'm sure he'll be just fine. And how nice to have the pesky ears cleared up at the same time!

Argos will be in my thoughts today. Is it possible for your vet & Argos to try one of those thick, padded, foam-type "collars" which prevent houndies from bending their neck around all the way? It works like The Cone of Goodness would, but it's a bit less annoying. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about and can post a linkie to it?

Jennifer

Bite-Not. I have one, Christie, if you want to somehow arrange to get it from me.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Good thoughts for Argos (and you)!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Jennifer

It's a bite-not collar. I have one, but can't use it this time. This particular time we have to keep him from scratching his ears, so the cone has to block his ears. A bite not won't work. I have a donut shaped one that I think will work and will be less stressful, but have a cone also if it doesn't. He's been coned before and doesn't like it but does OK. thanks for the suggestion!

Bite-Not. I have one, Christie, if you want to somehow arrange to get it from me.

Thanks Meredith. I do have one, and I'll try it, but I think it won't keep him from scratching his ear. I have a whole collection of collars...and a snood that I think will work at night. Should be a fun month!!

Thank you! They usually schedule all of their surgeries for the afternoon, so he'll be finished hopefully by 2 or so and I'll pick him up after I've walked and fed the other dogs, so around 7:30. I'll be a stress case until then. I actually teared up when I dropped him off this morning!

I hear ya. I was more or less fine while I was asking questions, lots of questions (I feel sorry for the lovely vet tech who was with me! :P ), but then she took him into the back and I walked out the other door, and watched him for a bit through the glass as he disappeared. That's when I started tearing up. I walked past another vet tech who saw me getting all red in the face and emotional, and she was really nice. She started telling me all about her 21-year-old cat who did great when she had a dental. I love that vet's office, everyone is so kind.

I think I was still a bit shaken when I got back into my car, because I reached under the steering wheel to start the car and realized I wasn't holding my car keys, but Merlin's leash! :lol::blush

I will be keeping Argos in my thoughts today.

Edited by merlinsmum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I think I was still a bit shaken when I got back into my car, because I reached under the steering wheel to start the car and realized I wasn't holding my car keys, but Merlin's leash! :lol::blush

:lol:lol:lol I called my husband in tears and got some sympathy. Now counting the minutes until Dr. Adkins calls!