Stanley Has Been To The Vets

Guest WarmheartedPups

Come on Stan.....lets go....gotta keep up your strength for the cookies and treats....they make

your legs work better!! :colgate

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWWWWWWW Stanley you adorable boy - stop worrying your momma.

We are sending you loads of good wishes and thoughts. (Share them with your momma!)

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending prayers that the acupuncture helps Stanley feel much better!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Thanks everyone :) He's still not up to running (mind you, he's not really been up to running since he arrived aged eight and a half LOL) but he does seem a little more comfortable today. Phew.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Vinnie

Sending kisses loaded with puppy breath from Gus to give Stanley a little extra energy charge, and from Gracie just because she thinks he's very handsome! Hoping for lots more quality time. We grey sit for our friends whos greyt turned 12 in January - she uses a couple different things in his raw food at dinnertime that seems to help him and 1/2 a rimadyl. He still thinks he's a puppy and you can't convince him otherwise, I hope Stanley feels that way too. :kiss2:kiss2

Hi Bev! If you can keep up the acupuncture, that might help a lot! It helped Cody!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I went to pick up some new medication for Stanley today. We've had to fiddle (again) with his steriods because he just doesn't seem able to tolerate a higher dose so he's now back to one 2mg tab of Medrone, morning and evening, plus this new drug which is called Gabapentin. This works on nerve pain (as well as being used as an anti-epileptic drug in both humans and dogs). So we shall see how he does on this combination.

He's actually been reasonably good this past few days (apart from the day his tummy reacted to the steriods) and I do think the accupuncture has helped him so we're going to arrange for some more of that.

Hopefully, in a few days, I'll be able to report that the Gabapentin is also doing him a lot of good :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Get yourself 100% soon sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Bev, don't panic if he gets a little wibbly. After a week of Gabapentin, Gus started with a tiny bit of a head tremor. It was a side effect of the gabapentin. Glad to say it's gone away now.

Bev, don't panic if he gets a little wibbly. After a week of Gabapentin, Gus started with a tiny bit of a head tremor. It was a side effect of the gabapentin. Glad to say it's gone away now.

Ooooh, thanks for the warning! Did the Gabapentin help Gus in general though? (Parson me but I can't remember what he was taking it for :blush)

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

yes, the gabapentin is helping Gus for Osteo pain. it was semi expreimental on my Vet's behalf, she's glad it seems to be working too. I guess it works on different receptors than the traditionally prescribed pain relievers.

p.s. someone warned me ahead of time too, which caused me to not panic. ;)

Edited by MomofSweetPotatoes

He's not very well tonight :( He was sick a couple of hours ago (just bile) but he's also refused his dinner this evening which is very unlike him indeed. If he's no better in the morning, he'll have to see the vet.

:(

Sending calm hungry tummy thoughts to most handsome sweet Stanley.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.