Remembering Otis - Words And Photos

Guest WarmheartedPups

Guest WarmheartedPups

Otis would have been 10 years old next week. His Gotcha day was April 1....two years ago.

I am still so very sad at loosing him. I miss him so much....my grief is still palpable.

I cant come up with the words....I cannot describe how special he was.

I cannot describe how gentle he was.

I cannot describe what a wonderful companion he was.

I cannot describe how much I loved him.

I cannot describe how much I miss him.

Otis could brighten up a room with his presence......everyone liked Otis. He would just put a smile on your face....you couldn't help yourself.

He put up with every bit of Roo's blarney.....never a growl or a stinkeye.

He was so patient .....with life.

The Vet said he wasn't in great shape for his age.....but he still went into the backyard and would play hide and seek with Roo around a giant Silver Maple....he would still take a few long leggy laps around the backyard....delighted with himself.

In the Spring, he loved eating every dandelion flower he could find..in the evening the gas he would get from this special treat made even Roo move away from him.

I remember the time, in the middle of the night when he stood up in the bed and fell right off onto the hardwood floor. He was fine till I touched him...and then the GSOD ....terrified us both.

He loved M & G's.....he never laid down....he was on duty......he greeted everyone...hoping for a snack too. He loved wearing his elf hat and baseball cap.....but don't ever put jammies on him....he hated jam's.

I brought Otis home two years ago, he was a bounce....... 84 pounds, a big boy, ginormous paws and a thick fuzzy brindle coat......and what a handsome guy.....it was a perfect match....love at first sight.

We should have had more time...I miss you big boy.

I put together a slide show...its 4 minutes....I couldn't leave one picture out....I just couldn't...... Sometimes the pictures start and stop...I cannot figure out why....if someone knows how to fix it, please let me know. This is my first try at something like this.

Remembering Otis

Edited by WarmheartedPups

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a happy, smiling boy....his white face did me in. I'm so sorry.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Linda,

You may not think you can describe Otis but you do every time and it is beautiful. I know your hurt and I keep you in my prayers all the time. The video was amazing. Otis was so alive in every picture. You could just tell he lived every moment to the fullest, and that is a tribute to you. You two packed a lot of love and memories into those two short years.

Every time I see a dandelion I will think of Otis with a smile and a laugh too.

Linda, Otis is smiling down at you and Roo. He thanks you for the love you gave him, his love will remain alive forever in your heart and memories. He will be with you always, just look and listen for him.

Blessings of Peace,

Pam

Remember... what you told me about the tears when Scooter left.

I will be thinking of you especially on Tuesday the 15th. I hope you and Roo celebrate in honor of Otis. I know Avril and I will !!!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest BlackandBrindle

Seeing Otis' smile makes me very thankful that we were able to share some of his wonderful presence with you. I see such a gentle and loving soul in his eyes and it makes my heart hurt for you that he had to leave so soon.

I am so sorry Linda. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers and that you are not alone in missing sweet Otis. :grouphug

I'm glad you didn't leave out any pictures -- each one shows how lovable, and loved, he was.

Gentle hugs to you and Roo.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest ss556

What a tribute to a handsome, lovable boy. I'm sorry you didn't have more time with him, it would never be enough anyway.

But it is nice to know that you do have a friend.

My sympathy for your loss and pain.

Guest nngreys

A very nice tribute. I am leaving for a wedding in a few minutes and my eyes are now red.

We lost Jackie two weeks ago and he would have been ten in May. Same coloring, including the white face. He shared the same love of stuffies as Otis. May they meet up and be friends.

Bob

Your tribute was so beautiful. The photos of Otis show what a sweet and lovable boy he was. I am so sorry for your heartbreak. It is so hard to say goodbye and I can see why you miss him so much.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Otis. :f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest Winterwish

Linda that was beautiful! :grouphug Otis is with you always Linda. you can describe anything you like to him,even without actual words,and he'll hear you and know just what you mean. :grouphug:f_pink

That is a beautiful Tribute!

I am very sorry, it has been 2 1/2 years since we lost our CHamp amd we still miss him like it was yeaterday. :bighug:bighug:bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest jettcricket

....That was beautiful and so perfect. Thank you for sharing this special soul with us. He reminds me so much of my boy, Jett, who is getting so white and God willing will be 10 this August.

I know how much you miss him.... :beatheart

As much as I want to watch the slideshow, I can't. I'm starting to tear up just thinking about it (and I couldn't read what you wrote either). I remember your pain when Otis died and I hope you are starting to heal and that writing and putting together this tribute has helped.

Hugs for you.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest WarmheartedPups
Happy Birthday Otis. There are a lot of people thinking of you today!

Pam, Thanks for remembering my boy on his birthday. Otis, I hope you are pain free and playing hide and seek with your pals. Today is your day Oaty.

:gh_run