Setback With Bonnie

Guest K9Cookies

Guest KRKWMU

Things were going so well. Bonnie was feeling and looking great. On Tuesday afternoon, our three were out in the backyard with my husband and me. They took off running and Bonnie slipped through some mud. She bumped Gracey and in an instant, Gracey hauled off and bite her on the shoulder. It wasn't a terrible skin tear, but we took her to the vet right away. I was able to see our regular vet who is giving Bonnie her chemo. He kind of laughed, trying to make me feel better, but I felt so terrible and upset. Bonnie has been through so much, she certainly didn't need this on top of everything else.

Our vet was able to stitch her up in a short amount of time. The stitches will be in for 2 weeks and she'll be on antibiotics for awhile (yes, another pill we have to add to the schedule! :eek) The wound has been healing nicely so far. I was worried because her immune system is not so hot right now. But, she's hanging in there...and Gracey is muzzled during the day now, just for peace of mind.

So, please keep Bonnie in your thoughts for a quick recovery without any complications. Dr. Couto gets to see her sporting some stitches on Saturday. :( I feel like a bad mom. The past few months have been such a rollercoaster ride.

Edited by KRKWMU

Aw, sending scritches and good healing thoughts for Miss Bonnie.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest krisandzoo

I'm so glad to hear she is healing without added complications. You obviously care a lot for your babies - taking the time and $ for chemo and added meds. :grouphug Don't be so hard on yourself. These things happen; I'd just muzzle when they're out for playtime to prevent any more accidents. Sending thoughts and prayers your way for a quick recovery.

Aaaw, poor Bonnie!! Sending lots of scritches and tummy rubs for your sweet girl. And hugs for you too: :grouphug ...don't beat yourself up.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Poor lil' muffin. :( Sending more prayers for complete healing and return to full health. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest paulamariez

Awwww, poor baby Bonnie! I hate when any of my three boys snap at each other and someone ends up hurt. And they are like little kids, so you can't really be mad at them for misbehaving, even though someone got hurt! I'm keeping your precious little Bonnie in my thoughts and prayers for a quick healing. She's had enough already. Tiger, Bueller and Domino sending Bonnie some healing doggie kisses as well!

• 2 weeks later...
Just checking in to see how that little special girl is doing

ditto :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.