I'm New Here!

Hello- I am new to this site. I adopted my first greyhound from Regap of Illinois one year ago last Sunday. His racing name was Grey's Island Mocha and I changed it to Luka. He is a red brindle with a black mask and he will be 3 years old on May 11th. I have dreamed of getting a greyhound for over 10 years and in that time I did my homework and a lot of research. Luka is everything I could have hoped for and more. He is the absolute love of my life. We both attend meet and greets and other adoption events and he lives for these events. I love to make my boy happy.

I have met some of the nicest, most wonderful people thru Regap. Adopting has changed my life. My Mom says I am always smiling now because of Luka. I have had dogs and animals all my life and loved them with all my heart but the bond between a person and their greyhound is so special and so intense, there is nothing like it.

My dream is to have 3 greyhounds. Besides Luka I have a wired hair fox terrier Scout who is 8 yrs old, a yellow naped Amazon parrot Fred is 23 years old and a Solomon Island Eclectus named Solomon who will be 16 this month.

I live on the South Side of Chicago.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Hi and Welcome from Arizona! I grew up with Wire Hairs and then as an adult always had Airedales. But I know exactly what you mean about Greyhounds being so specisl!

Hi Lukasmom, and welcome!! :) :)

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France