Indigo Is Having "surgery" 3/14/08

Guest ellieb

Guest ellieb

Found a weird spot on Indi's belly Sunday. It is next to one of her nipples and looks like a tick. (Since it is early March and we live in Ohio...obviously not a tick!) It is about the size of a pencil eraser, black and shiny. When I moved it around to examine it more closely, it bled.

Took her to the vet on Monday. Vet says "It looks suspicious. I want to remove it." Gee, that is comforting. She has really bad teeth so Doc wants to do a dental at the same time. Her last dental was right before we adopted her in November of 2006. At that time, they extracted 19 teeth! Poor girlie.

I just hate for any of my fur-babies to go under. Ugh. And the cost...triple ugh!

I will post an update when we know something.

Prayers, white light and good thoughts would be much appreciated.

Ellie

Edited by ellieb

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending prayers. Please update us as you can. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest ellieb

Our vet tech called me at work. Indigo came through the surgery okay. Still groggy and I can pick her up soon.

The vet asked if I had noticed the bruising on her neck and chest. *gulp!* No, I had not. She wondered if maybe Maximilian and Indigo rough house. They do not.

She is going to send the platelets "out"? Further lab tests, I am assuming. I will find out more when I pick her up.

This scares me.

Continued prayers/white light, please.

Ellie

Our vet tech called me at work. Indigo came through the surgery okay. Still groggy and I can pick her up soon.

The vet asked if I had noticed the bruising on her neck and chest. *gulp!* No, I had not. She wondered if maybe Maximilian and Indigo rough house. They do not.

She is going to send the platelets "out"? Further lab tests, I am assuming. I will find out more when I pick her up.

This scares me.

Continued prayers/white light, please.

Ellie

did they take blood from her neck? it could just be a hematoma from that...

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

oh gosh!!!! Your poor baby :( :( :(

sending prayers !!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest ellieb

100_3818.jpg

Indigo is doing well. She acts as if nothing ever happened. The incision looks good so far. The bruising has faded.

Dr. called yesterday. She didn't want me to worry. Still no results on the platelets. Should have them by Monday.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Will update when we hear from the lab.

Hugs,

Ellie