Tara Sue - Update

Guest tarasue

Guest tarasue

I didn't want to make a big deal on here about Tara but, I have found some nice cyber friends on here and thought I should at least let all the other GT'ers know what is going on with my little bean, Tara.

Choking back the tears here, I have decided to let Tara be free to run eternally, her os is eating her up and the pain meds are not helping much anymore.

Today when I took Will to have his dental, I went ahead and made her "final" appointment with Dr. Crawford. Next Thursday at 5pm my baby is going to cross over to go be with all the other angels out there. Making the appointment was one of the toughest things I have ever had to do. Who could imagine a grown man bawling his fool head off on the way home after leaving the vet today? It was bad enough that when I got there, poor Will started shaking and getting scared...my poor boy! And today I worry for him until 4:30 when I pick him up.

All the pictures I have taken just don't do any justice to the fact that my baby has to leave me so soon. It's been almost eight years I have had and I pray that I could have all the lifetimes in the world with her.

I'll never forget my Tara Bean! I remember our first camping trip together, how we had to huddle to keep warm because I had only packed a light blanket for summer and we ended getting a freak cold front. I cuddled Tara all through the night to keep us both warm.

I wrote a poem for her that I will share with you all in the near future. It's almost finished, I just have the last verse to complete but, I am waiting until after she crosses over to finish that.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greybookends

Because we love them we have to make the hard decisions. It is not easy to do but we do it because we love them. You are making the right decision. I am so sorry.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Oh no...my heart is just melting...I know your pain so well, its still so fresh from January 4.

I will be right there with you in spirit...hand on shoulder...crying tears with you. :beatheart

I am so sorry. Sending my heart and prayers. Cancer has taken so many of our sweet babies. I know how you are hurting. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest HeatherDemps

Aw nuts! I'm so sorry that the meds aren't controlling the pain. I don't think it's ever possible to be ready for this. I hope you can enjoy and cherish the time you have left together.

I'm so sorry. She is so beautiful. I hope she is well enough to enjoy the extra spoiling you'll give her for these final days.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest TBSFlame

I am so sorry. I too will be crossing that bridge soon. I know each day I have with Beecher is a gift. Let Will help you through this difficult time.

:(

I am so sorry

:grouphug

Your love for her shines through in your posts and stories, Tara Sue is loved and she will take that love with her, I say this all the time because I believe it with every bit of my being - it isn't goodbye, just see you later.

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest GriffinsMom

I'm so sorry that the pain meds are not working and forcing this decision on you. Your love for Tara Sue shines through your posts and pictures. Cherish the time you have together. My prayer are with you.

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very very sorry.

I HATE CANCER!!! :angryfire

I wish I didn't, but I do so know your pain, please feel free to use us for support through this the most

difficult journey you will have with your baby girl as you give her the greytest gift of love.

Cherish the time you have left with your precious girl. Just love her & spoil her. I've been in your shoes many times, and it never gets easier....all we can do is love and care for our babies during their lives, and then, if we have to, do them the greatest kindness in the end. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Edited by tamborine

Maryann, Bama (TW Beltram), Stephanie (Tom's Stepinhi) & Henderson the Cardigan Welsh Corgi

:cry1:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

I'm so sorry you have to make this awful decision, but I know you'll treasure the time you have left with your beautiful girl. Take good care of yourself.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I am so sorry for you. I can tell from your posts how much you Love Tara Sue. She will run free and will pain free and will have many of friends to run with. Several of my previous pets will be there to met her along with Freckles and other GT pets. Again I am so sorry. :bighug from Maddie and I to you, Tara Sue and Will.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest BlackandBrindle

I'm so sorry. Tara Sue has such a beautiful face. There is no shame in shedding tears for the ones we love. :grouphug

Sending prayers for peace, strength and comfort in the coming days. :grouphug

Wishing you many happy memories of a truly wonderful friend. I hope you have the chance to make a few more before she goes to run free with all our other bridge kids. Tell her to say hi to Freckles for me. :)

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

I'm so, so sorry that cancer is stealing another precious Grey away from us. Sadly, so many of us do know what you're going through right now. Doesn't make it any easier to say good-bye to your sweet girl, but do know that you both are in our thoughts and prayers.

Cherish your time together. She knows that you love her.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm very sorry to hear this. :grouphug Please enjoy the time you have left together and spoil that precious girl with all you've got.

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza