My Baby Flecka ....

Guest MomofCash

Guest MomofCash

My Baby came into my life as a result of Hurricane Ivan in October of 2004 and within 2 days became a permanent member of the family. The foster title flew right out the window

... although Cash wasn't quite sure what to make of her ...

Fleka3.JPG

It didn't take long for the 2 of them to realize that they were meant to be together ... :wub: ... sisters forever ...

Girls.JPG

It wasn't long before we figured out that she was definitely kid safe ... man, was she ever kid safe ...

Kid_safe.JPG

sleeping2.jpg

Flecka definitely enjoyed life ... she loved the Mardi Gras parades ...

Flecka_Cash.jpg

... although she wasn't too keen on me using her for our Christmas cards year before last .... :P

christmas.jpg

She did LOVE to celebrate her birthdays ... here she is celebrating her 3rd birthday with us, as the princess she always was ...

birthday2.jpg

And she absolutely LOVED to camp ... in the princess style of course. Her doggie beds on the floor of our camper was not good enough for Her Majesty and we often found her here ...

The_Princess.jpg

If there was a couch around, Flecka was the first one to find it - God how that girl loved to roach ... she let everyone know that this was HER house, HER couch and she was gonna darn well enjoy every minute of it ... and she most certainly deserved it ...

flecka082607.jpg

She was simply a beautiful, elegant creature ... who loved life and loved her family ....

Cash_Flecka.jpg

Flecka2_0406071.jpg

This was Flecka ... 200%, full throttle and loving every minute of it ...

kangaflecka.jpg

girls3.jpg

Girls040607.jpg

She was my girl, my heart ... and right now I cannot imagine my life life without her. Her time here on earth was cut entirely too short, but I hope and pray that all the bridge kids were waiting for her ... to show her the ropes and bring her along, as she hated to be alone.

I will miss you forever, My Love .... you took a piece of my heart with you when you left me ....

Godspeed Flecka ... I love you dearly ...

Flecka080507.jpg

Edited by MomofCash

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Greyhoundbaby

What a beautiful tribute you wrote...

May you find comfort in the love of friends and peace in the many warm memories you will always have of Flecka...

Run free sweet hound - :gh_run

She was beautiful. Thank you for sharing those lovely pictures of Flecka with us.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Run free sweetheart! :gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

The heavens are once more blessed with a very beautiful new star. Thank you for sharing Angel Flecka with us...she is loved and missed by all of us here on GT. I know my girls were there to meet her...they told me so. Run free and fast sweetie...there is no more sickness at the Bridge honey...and send your family a beautiful Rainbow soon sweetie. :grouphug:f_pink:grouphug Godspeed Beautiful Angel...

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry, Gail. What a beautiful and sweet girl.

Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My deepest condolences to you for the loss of your beautiful princess. :grouphug Was SO hoping she'd pull through. :( Your tribute to her was very touching. Am asking my Bridge kids to greet her and help her adjust quickly. :beatheart Godspeed, sweet Flecka... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Godspeed sweet girlfriend. You were loved :gh_run

Gail can I include some of the pictures and some of your words on the HfH Angels page?

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'm so sorry. Your beautiful girl left far far too soon. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest MomofCash
Godspeed sweet girlfriend. You were loved :gh_run

Gail can I include some of the pictures and some of your words on the HfH Angels page?

I couldn't think of anything better, Janet ... thank you ... *hugs*

Guest vahoundlover

:cry1 I am so sorry Flecka had to leave you so soon :grouphug:grouphug May the memories and love you two shared bring you peace.

Farwell sweet baby girl, never fear, you will never be alone. :f_pink