Strychnine Poisoning...

Guest LdiSaphire

This is very good news. Please keep us up to date. Dude knows he is loved, I'm sure your visits do him a world of good. Maybe bring him some stinky tuna!

You and Dude continue to be in our thoughts.

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you'e in on the ND candle every night--glad things are doing a bit better. Maybe if you coddled your mom just a bit and had a couple bites of whatever lovely stinky something she'll be bringing you today?

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest LdiSaphire

UPDATE: DUDES COMING HOME!!!!!....

The vet and I talked this morning and in the wee hours of the morning Dude pulled his IV out...and then started whining because he needed to use the bathroom...they got him up and he walked outside and went to the bathroom by himself!!!!!....He's drinking a little and sniffing his food...but won't eat still...but the vet thinks it's because he's not home...blood panels are normal...the vet said he can come home this afternoon...he is walking with a really funny gait and still a little unsteady but is getting better...when he walks he is taking really high steps like he's marching...the vet says it's because he is reacquainting with his muscles....he says it may take us 2 or 3 weeks to return completely to normal...but as long as we don't have any relapses that home is the best place for him...and he thinks he should make a full recovery!!!!...he said to take it easy with him for the next week...so he will actually go to my mom's for the next week so we can finish moving...but she loves him ALMOST as much as I do and I know he'll be one spoiled pupper....and I spend a lot of time there anyway....and it's nice and quiet there....so it's the best place for him right now...thanks so much everyone for your awesome support and prayers...MY BABY IS COMING HOME!!!!

Edited by LdiSaphire

So happy for you and Dude!

:clap:clap

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest Machbragal

Oh my gosh! I was hoping for good news today, but this is simply AMAZING!!! YAY! He's going home! I'm confident he's much more likely to eat if he is home. Please let us know how it goes!

Guest mysymba

Oh my gosh.....this is just the best news ever!!!!!!!! Bless you and Dude!!!!!!!!

:confetti:confetti:clap:clap:banana:banana

As far as eating....give that boy anything his little heart desires!!!!!!

I've been following this, and praying for Dude and his family!

I am THRILLED that he is on his way home!! :yay That is SO AWESOME!!! :D

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so glad to read this. I've been following Dude's progress and was very worried about him. I bet he'll eat once he's home. I hope everything continues to go well. Keep us posted!

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

I just saw this thread - how very scary for you and your family. So glad that Dude is coming home and we think Gramma's are the best with sick and recouperating puppers. We did some pupper sitting over the holidays and one of Gracie's slumber party buddies stopped eating for two and a half days - we tried everything, liver, beef, steak, chicken, liver even prime rib - I finally got him to eat when I was eating some crunchy homemade peanut butter cookies and he came up and waited for me to share with him. :D:lol::D You might try something unusual for him but that he always pays attention to when you eat it! I wish you luck as we know how scary it is when they don't eat for so long. Lots of prayers and continued healing thoughts for your baby. We are glad to have you back here on the site especially after everything you have been through now and recently. Please keep us updated and maybe add some of your favorite photos so we can help to continue to "see" him healthy while we are sending up our prayers.

It is truly wonderful news that your boy is coming home...I haven't posted on this thread until now...but I have been checking in each day to see Dude's progress :colgate

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest VelvetEars

So glad to hear this. Jane was the same way at the vet - forget doing anything for them unless it meant she could come home. Then, she'd make steady progress. They need their people to feel better!!

I hope Dude is eating doing well today. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest LdiSaphire
UPDATE: Dude's still doing great...he's eating and drinking fine...and is actually getting up and coming to me and grandma to get some lovin'....he's also starting to stretch...play bow then stretch out his hind legs...this is a good sign for him....grandma's been spoiling him rotten...he's still a little unsteady on his feet and his poos are going from solid to runny and back again...and he's really off schedule...he gets up to pee at about 1 in the morning and again at 4...but it will take time to get back to normal so it's ok...and man he needs a bath...can't wait until Friday....but overall he's doing awesome.... There are more updates on Dude and some pics of my baby in the post More Updates on Dude and Pictures.... Edited by LdiSaphire