Ngap Veterinary Clinic

I think I mis-posted on food and dietary my mistake..so I am re=-posting here!

Missy (8 year old female grey) and Flex (adult IG) both need dentals bad. Other grey's teeth are great!

Vet quoted me at over $400 for Missy! I didn't get price for little 10lb Flex yet. Someone in the greyhound adoption group travels to Philadelphi to NGAP for dentals. Their price with anesthesia is 110-115! The price difference is amazing--but at least 6 hours round trip.

I was wondering if anyone had used NGAP or knew of any other facility in the Long Island NY vacinity that perfoms dentals at a reasonable cost.

Guest BasilMom

I've used NGAP. Can't beat the price and the vets know Greyhounds. They are open at the clinic Tuesdays and Fridays 10a.m. Call for a appointment. I've always been happy with the service.

Nope, never.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

You can read my issues with NGAP in the thread quoted above. In the end it is up to you if you are comfortable with the procedures that they perform or not.

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg

Although cost is important it is not the most important. All dentals are not equal, make sure you know exactly what is being done for the $$. I pay $300. for a dental with mild to moderate tartar and no extractions. There is always pre-dental bloodwork, IV fluids started, (before) greyhound approved (propofol) anesthesia, EKG before and during dental, oxygen monitored, temperature is taken before, during and after, etc. Warm water blanket for wakeup. Antibiotics are started one week before dental and given one week after but I pay for those extra.

Edited by Greytlady94

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest luckydog

Unfortunately, there are folks who let their feelings about the director of NGAP color their opinions of NGAP as a whole. For my money, I'd rather go to vet's who have seen and treated *thousands* of greyhounds. But that's just my opinion, colored or not.

Guest jettcricket
I've used NGAP. Can't beat the price and the vets know Greyhounds. They are open at the clinic Tuesdays and Fridays 10a.m. Call for a appointment. I've always been happy with the service.

Friends of mine have used NGAP for years and have been very happy with their services.

Guest greytmonty

Our local vet did Monty's dental when he had his tumor removed. As he already had the anesthesia it is hard to say what the cost of just the dental was, but with bloodwork and anesthesia these things can run around $400 or up.

Guest EaglesMom

I used NGAP for both of my boy's dentals and was happy with the vets and the pricing. The staff was very nice. I too, think that sometimes people let their feelings for the owner color their judgement of the facility.

I used NGAP this year for both my girls. I was very pleased with them and both dogs did just fine. I met with the Vets before their dentals and they were very nice, and answered all my questions. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The price was very good, compared to the $500.00 each that my regular Vet quoted me. I also like the fact that NGAP knows Greyhounds. I will be going back for next year's dentals.

gallery_1200_2898_10946.jpg