Miss Molly Got Bit, Bad By A Dog..........emma ! *pics Added*

Yesterday, the girls were out for play time, they were getting into all the "new" stuffies we received from Secret Santas.

Well, apparently Emma had the screaming monkey and Molly went for it ................. bad move for Molly.............. it all happened so fast, I tried to break it up, I got bit on my face and not even sure by who ! Emma had the monkey and went to her crate (now remember, she's stitched up from her spay Tuesday and her tail is bandaged from happy tail) , Molly went SCREAMING and running into the kitchen - there was blood, it was horrible (I didn't even realize I had gotten bit while I was worried about the dogs.)At first I am thinking it was the blood from Emma's tail or her stitches all popped...... Well, Emma was fine, Molly - not so. She had gotten bit by Emma in the front left leg and on her left side. Well, it was bad, so off to the vet (who I love) She took her in right away, 5 hours .... $400..... many stitches............and two drains later.................we are back home. My first nightmare (and hopefully my last).

I am sick to my stomach thinking what could I have done, I seperate them for eating because Emma is very possesive over food and treats but I would have never guessed it over a screaming monkey - yikes !

I took pics last night and will post them as soon as I get them loaded. -It was a long night, although Molly was loopy - she was very uncomfortable and cried most of the night.

The boo boos:

secretsanta081.jpg

Molly resting:

secretsanta082.jpg

Guilty parties involved: :unsure;)

secretsanta060.jpg

Edited by Pippismom
mollysiggy-1.jpgemmasiggy-1.jpg

Guest Greyhoundbaby

You know - I think it happens to all of us at one time or another. Julie bit Gryf (7 stitches, $400 later) and we thought he had learned but....he continues to try to "herd" her everynow and then so he keeps his muzzle on when we're not home.

Sending good thoughts for healing for everyone (you as well.)

Guest greybookends

No matter how many precautions you take, it can happen and it only takes a very few seconds for the damage to be done, even if you are standing right over them. Tasha and Sheana had a snit that only lasted about 3 seconds and resulted in $750 worth of stitches between the 2 of them. Don't beat yourself up over them.

I am so sorry. Sending my prayers and gentle hugs to all. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Man, I hate when that happens. Hitch, my little brat, is toy crazy....wants them all. He can have all of them right in front of him but if one of the others has one, he wants that one, too and he's not nice about trying to get it. Lewis could care less and gives it up immediately. Lizzie won't tangle with him and will give it up. Stella, on the other hand, refuses and they've gotten into it a couple of times. Luckily, no damage done. Until he gets over this snitty stage of his (does that ever go away), I keep him muzzled when they're out back.

I hope she heals quickly and comfortably.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

Don't beat yourself up. It has probably happened to most of us. My 2 boys had a snit and one of them ended up with a torn ear. A couple of stitches and all was well again.

Even though I was standing right next to them this morning, we had an incident. I was reaching to open the door for three of the greys when Zeke stepped on Tasha's foot (which has a tender toe from being dislocated twice). She nipped him, he pulled away and ended with a large tear in the skin on his shoulder. Tonight his is back at home from the vets with a drain & stitches in his shoulder much like your Miss Molly has. He is groggy and uncomfortable. The entire incident was over in 2 seconds. No matter what we do it seems like these things just happen.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Thank you to all for your kind words, I guess it's just the mama in all of us that makes our tummies queazy when anything happens to our babies, especially when we are literally right there and feel like maybe we could have stopped it. I realize that what you all have said to me I too would say to you had the tables beeen turned (and it sounds like they are/have been !)

Molly is resting peacefully tonight. She cried this morning for about 4 hours, the vet gave me tramadol and it does the trick ! Within an hour she was ready to play with Pippi (the beagledor - she is still giving Emma bad looks) Of course - she wasn't allowed to play so, she spent most of the day velcroed to me. her wounds and drains all look good today and she has not tried to pick them (she has pjs on anyway)

from Fiona3:

"She nipped him, he pulled away and ended with a large tear in the skin on his shoulder. Tonight his is back at home from the vets with a drain & stitches in his shoulder much like your Miss Molly has. He is groggy and uncomfortable. The entire incident was over in 2 seconds. No matter what we do it seems like these things just happen. "

I am so sorry about Zeke, my vet said they have such thin skin that it doesn't take much, especially if they "pull' Sending lots of healing thoughts from Miss Molly to Zeke ! :inlove And hugs to you ! :grouphug

Again, thanks to all of you ! :wubsite

From Pippismom:

"I am so sorry about Zeke, my vet said they have such thin skin that it doesn't take much, especially if they "pull' Sending lots of healing thoughts from Miss Molly to Zeke ! "

Thanks for the kind thoughts for Zeke. Molly and Zeke could make quite a pair with their drains & stitches. Zeke is a light brindle with the same markings as Molly. He is wearing a very stylish Celtic T-Shirt at the moment (which he hates) but he seems to be getting back to normal today. As bad as it seems when these things happen, I keep telling myself that it could have been worse, they will recover and life will be peaceful again.

Hugs to Miss Molly from Zeke and hugs to you from someone who is sharing your experience at the moment.

:grouphug:grouphug

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

We spend so much time indoors in winter - I'm positive that if my dogs didn't all wear PJs for warmth, we'd have had a few of these little 'rips' by now. The PJs offer that little layer of protection when they're racing around in the living room with mouthy Monty. Emma looks so sweet with HER monkey :) Hope Molly is feeling better soon!

Guest blastsmom

Shelly

it happens....look at my guys and Andy last year..... Boo boos are just that...... it can happen any time, any place and to any person/animal.......

I think we all go thru that....I should have done this.....blah blah blah.....

hey...you still have your babies...... now..they just have special "markings" making them more of an individual..... call me any time...been there...done that!!!!

It is heart breaking...but you know each of us are here..... pulling for those girls........ And if I know Little Miss Molly..... she will back to normal in no time at all!!!!

hugs,

Terri

benny

Blast, Leopold, Andy, and my baber.............. Spur (just could not go with the name Canook)

Guest BooandCalisMom

This just happened tonight to one of my two, neither of which has ever nipped at the other before (to my knowledge). Cali has 3 wounds, one with a drain. This all went down while I was out holiday shopping. I am sure I will be up tonight trying to soothe her. I keep thinking 'what if I had been home', 'what if I had muzzled them', etc.

She looks like she's doing well. All the best to your little one for a speedy recovery. Its amazing how quickly these things can happen.

This just happened tonight to one of my two, neither of which has ever nipped at the other before (to my knowledge). Cali has 3 wounds, one with a drain. This all went down while I was out holiday shopping. I am sure I will be up tonight trying to soothe her. I keep thinking 'what if I had been home', 'what if I had muzzled them', etc.

She looks like she's doing well. All the best to your little one for a speedy recovery. Its amazing how quickly these things can happen.

As everyone had said to me , we can't beat ourselves up over the "What ifs". I was standing right there - it took all of 5 seconds from beginning to end ! The vet said that their skin is so thin that it doesn't take much to tear it.

Hang in there, the first night was the worse, Molly had two drains (got them on Thursday) and she was able to have them out today ! She is already wanting to play with the others , that's what's killing her right now !

She needs to hang low for a week ! Yikes !

Hugs to you and Cali again for a speedy recovery, and a restful night for you -the stress just wipes you out, take care of your baby and yourself. (I just had a four hour nap - well needed after the past two days! - Hopefully you'll be able to do the same.)

Must be the week for it! Good to hear Molly is feeling better. Hope Zeke is on the mend as well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.