I Lurked, I Joined, I Lurked A Bit More And Now It Is Time To Say Hell

Zachary

That should be say HELLO!

Zachary (fka Xtra Drive) adopted me November 2, and he has proven to be the most delightful pup. He just turned two this August 1. I am smitten to say the least, and when I am allowed will most definitely post photographs.

He came straight from the kennel and I had some serious fears, which have proven unfounded. I tell everyone he is perfect, but only because he is.

He has had no accidents in the house, no separation anxiety, no whining or barking, and sleeps through the night. He has perfect table manners and actually chews his food! I understand Greyhounds are intelligent but the speed at which he learns is astonishing. He also teaches himself things. The only one who might have to go to obedience school is me! :blush

He is still a little overwhelmed but slowly his personality is coming out and he is going to be so wonderful and not a little "Greyhound goofy". The wait will be worth it.

I am so happy to be a part of this forum. I am continually learning from all your experiences and the reassurance I have felt is so very encouraging. Thank you to all of you who share your knowledge, experience, and support. The positivity and warmth here is heartening.

And, the humor and wit shown by many is so keen as to almost be intimidating. I love it!

Edited by Zachary

:welcome and congratulations on adopting Zachary! There's a wealth of information and support here. I look forward to pictures and updates.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

welcome to the wonderful world of being owned by a greyhound!

Owned, managed, and manipulated; oh, and impoverished financially! But enriched beyond one's wildest dreams emotionally. I cannot find the words to express what Zachary has given me thus far, but his gifts are priceless.

Hey! This is one of our boys. :) Here are his farm photos: http://www.k8nkc.com/MoreDogs/RTW2/XtraDrive.htm

Isn't he especially handsome? :wub: I picked him for his beauty and because we always get great dogs from James Potter.

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

OMG!!!!!!!!Look at that face!!!! What a beautiful hound you have. BeatingHeartAnimated.gif

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Welcome - Zachary's a very handsome boy! :wub:

And, the humor and wit shown by many is so keen as to almost be intimidating.

Well, you jumped right in with your post title: "I Lurked, I Joined, I Lurked A Bit More And Now It Is Time To Say Hell"

Hell right back at ya! :P:lol

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I thought it was either Hello or "Hell no, I'm not going to stop at only one grey!!! :lol Welcome.

I am still fairly new - I spend more time reading (aka lurking) - enjoy the pics and videos. (I do visit the other forums if I have questions on food, training, etc) but enjoy the funny things greyhounds do the most! :eek

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

Look at those eyes! They seem to be looking into your soul. Welcome to you and Zachary. Keep us posted on how he is doing. We love new greyhound owner stories. They remind us of our newbie days.

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

I thought it was either Hello or "Hell no, I'm not going to stop at only one grey!!! :lol Welcome.

I am still fairly new - I spend more time reading (aka lurking) - enjoy the pics and videos. (I do visit the other forums if I have questions on food, training, etc) but enjoy the funny things greyhounds do the most! :eek

:rofl I was thinking the same thing!

:welcome I hope you love it now that you have stopped lurking!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

I picked him for his beauty and because we always get great dogs from James Potter.

James Potter, as in Harry Potter's father? Cool! :lol

Oh, and welcome to you and Zachary! I am mostly a lurker also. I certainly have very little wisdom to add to these forums, but I love the photos and I especially love how warmhearted everyone seems to be.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

HELLO Zachary's mom (the former Tyme while in the kennel)... I took those pictures of that beautiful boy you currently see on greyhound-data!!! He is (was in the kennel) such a good boy! So sweet, happy and bouncy, but not 2 year old crazy.

Hearing about them being happy in their forever homes makes working with the adoptables in the kennel, etc. all worth while!

Thanks so much for joining here and loving Zachary! Please, keep us updated and ... post those pictures!! :rules:lol

That should be say HELLO!

Zachary (fka Xtra Drive) adopted me November 2, and he has proven to be the most delightful pup. He just turned two this August 1. I am smitten to say the least, and when I am allowed will most definitely post photographs.

He came straight from the kennel and I had some serious fears, which have proven unfounded. I tell everyone he is perfect, but only because he is.

He has had no accidents in the house, no separation anxiety, no whining or barking, and sleeps through the night. He has perfect table manners and actually chews his food! I understand Greyhounds are intelligent but the speed at which he learns is astonishing. He also teaches himself things. The only one who might have to go to obedience school is me! :blush

He is still a little overwhelmed but slowly his personality is coming out and he is going to be so wonderful and not a little "Greyhound goofy". The wait will be worth it.

I am so happy to be a part of this forum. I am continually learning from all your experiences and the reassurance I have felt is so very encouraging. Thank you to all of you who share your knowledge, experience, and support. The positivity and warmth here is heartening.

And, the humor and wit shown by many is so keen as to almost be intimidating. I love it!

Lee: (RR's Busy): Oswald Cobblepot X Lively Layla (10/14/97 - 01/22/10) ; Cool: (P's Cool Runner): P's Raising Cain X My Cool Runner (3/3/97 - 12/26/09) ; Nutty: (Itsanutterbutter): State of the Art X Itsalmostsaintly ; Waterproof: (KB's Waterproof): Oshkosh Slammer X Special Lady* ; Sadie: my sweet silly girl: 5/5/98 - 11/26/05

That face is almost to beautiful to be real. What a stunner! Welcome to GT! I hope you have loads of fun here.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.

I learned so much from reading these forums while I was deciding whether or not to adopt a Greyhound. Thank you all for helping me come to a decision. I went through so many emotions: fear, love, melting heartstrings, confidence, stark terror, am I really going to do this, yikes! I must be insane, and calm, happy acceptance that I was hooked and helpless. I will also admit to feelings of criminal intent – you all have such beautiful dogs and I wanted them ALL!

Hell is probably an accurate statement as well. I can only have one dog where I live, so for now I can only dream of the wonderful taste and feel of that ever-so-popular chip dip so many here are privileged to enjoy.

I have laughed and cried, cheered and mourned while reading the posts here. The spirit of community and support is unsurpassed and I am thrilled to be a part of it.

greytdogsks

Thank you for taking the super photographs of my handsome guy and especially for taking such special care of him. The care he obviously received shows in his beautiful disposition and wonderful character.

Zachary chose me and I am so happy he did. I believe he had direction from my wonderful Bridge budgie Squirrel and I am indebted to both of them.

I give you my word of honor pictures will be forthcoming because some rules are NOT meant to be broken.

Guest IrskasMom

WELCOME :wave:wave:wave . Yep...... I would say , you are hooked . Just like all of us. I am Dogsitting

my Grandson's Shipoo ( 11 Month old ) right now and I am exausted . Now I realize what a perfect Dog

I have and forever grateful for my Baby. I wish you the best of Luck with your sweet Boy Zachary.

CONGRATS :confetti:confetti:confetti

Edited by IrskasMom