Godspeed, Sweet Henry

iluvgreys

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sad to hear this. And so sorry. It's the worst kind of grief to experience when something so unnecessary happens like this. Henry was loved and cherished while he was with you and I'm sure he felt that love; please keep that in your heart during this dark time. Run free sweet Henry.

I too have no words, just an overwhelming feeling of sadness at the senslessness of it all and overwhelming anger that nothing was done prior to this attack.

Godspeed Henry and my deepest sympathy to your family.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

This just hurts my stomach.

Henry, I am sorry you could not leave in your own time. Even those of us who did not know you, will remember you.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

What an obscenely horrible thing to happen to such a gentle soul. :candle:(

Godspeed Henry, you will be surrounded by angels now. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I am so sorry for Henry's family...what a horrible end to a wonderful life. Whoever owned those pits should be held accountable. That's the problem with pits...I'm sure there are lots of awesome ones out there but too many of them end up in the wrong hands. Rescue and adoption groups who put pits and pit/mixes up really need to do extensive screening...not turning them over to someone who signs some papers at PetSmart. I hate to see a breed wiped out but way too many of these dogs end up in the wrong hands...paraded down the street with a huge chain around their neck or placed in a ring fighting for their life. I don't know what the answer is but when I read something like what happened to Henry or what happened to an elderly woman walking her poodle here, it just makes me sick.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I'm just so..............sad. Healing thoughts going out to those who loved Henry. :cry1f_yellow

Run fast and free Henry..........

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest gapeach1

I am terribly sorry for Henry's family for their loss. I still don't understand why anyone would want a pit bull. I have seen and heard of these kind of attacks against greys before and it is horrible. Godspeed, sweet Henry!

GAPeach1

Guest Winterwish

Oh Jeanne I'm so,so very sorry. :brokenheart:weep:grouphug this is heartbreaking.

Henry knows the peace and freedom of forever,and how dearly loved he always is by his family and friends. I'll ask Dreamer to come to Henry to play with him and show him around in his fun way,as I'm sure he already has this very moment.

Sending my deepest condolences to you Jeanne and to Henry's family.

Run,play,and fly free at rainbow bridge sweet Henry ~ :candle:f_pink:gh_child:f_pink:candle

Guest PetersMom

Until I found this website, I really had no idea that greyhounds were attacked as much as they are - but Ive read numerous threads about it and it scares me horribly.

I know that loose dogs can be a menace and very dangerous but I just never imagined it could be this horrible. I live in a neighborhood where there are loose dogs frequently, though they are smaller dogs. Sad situations like this will make me be that much more on guard.

I fell SO terrible for Henrys family and ache for Henrys pain. There are just no words for something like this... :weep

RIP sweet Henry

:f_red