Godspeed, Sweet Henry

iluvgreys

Henry, an exceptionally sweet boy passed away today, due to horrific injuries he suffered in an attack by pit bulls (see here). :weep:weep Henry was a special needs hound, having broken a leg at the track which healed well, then was placed with his loving family in Long Beach who had previously owned whippets and wanted to love a greyhound. I know his family must be just devastated. He was so cherished and quite a character. :bighug My prayers go out to his loving family to find peace and justice, and to dear Henry to be at rest and safe forever more. :hope Godspeed, sweet boy... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am feeling sick from this story.

I am furious that nothing was done after two reports. The Animal Control said if more people had reported the neighborhood attacks, maybe they could have done something.

INDEED!

They even admitted on local TV news, that perhaps it was not easy to report the attacks, since they lived in close proximity to the pit bull Dog owners. So let's blame all the people who did not report attacks, they didn't consider two reports enough.

There is indeed something wrong with the line of responsibilty here, and now, a precious Greyhound who was loved is dead.

Rest in peace Henry, and I hope that some time along the line, there will be justice somewhere for you and the life that was taken so viciously.

Guest bowiebears

I wish Henry's family comfort and consolation in their grief.

This is a horrible thing to have happen to a beloved family member.

Grief is something we face daily, and yet the manner in which this poor creature died is appalling.

Responsibility is something we see less and less of in some areas of life.

There are times when I am in despair over our lack of humanity towards one another and our fellow creatures.

--Isaac

Jeanne,

please give my condolences to Henry's family for me. This is so incredibly sad that this has happened, yet again.

Hugs to you, your pack and all the SoCal folks who knew Henry,

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I'm sick to my guts. Please extend our condolences to the family. We should bombard the city or town with letters condemning the idiocy of their Animal Control policies. Little too late, but just so his death is not in vain.

:f_red

Godspeed Henry...

Guest DogDayzGreyz

Offering my prayers to Henry's family who must be devastated beyond anything that seems bearable.

:f_pink :f_pink

Godspeed, Henry, you are whole and with the angels now, friend. :weep :weep

Guest vahoundlover

This is so incredibly sad :cry1 My deepest sympathies to all that love Henry.

Henry, you are now running with some of the finest Angels I know, take care sweet fella. :f_red