If You Could Spare A Few Good Thoughts

Sending lots of light and prayers to your precious girlie. :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossed paws and toes and prayers here.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Well, I've got her home. No teeth were pulled, but, they said her teeth were very dirty and lots of tartar. She had some x-rays of her hip, hock and knee ?, but the conclusion is that she just has some arthritis. No signs of bone deterioration. Good things. But, right now she is panting and obviously in a lot of pain. She had an acupuncture treatment while she was there. When she stands still, her rear end is collapsing. That might still be from the anesthesia. I offered her some water and she looked at it and turned away. She only wanted to go upstairs to her bed and couldn't make it up the stairs. She stood there and panted. I carried her up, otherwise, she would have stood there all night. I don't what I will do when she has to pee.

I am so upset. She looks terrible. You wonder did you do the right thing putting her through this dental now?

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

She should feel a lot better after a good long nap and then maybe a small snack. Might take her up some old blankies or newspapers just in case she has to pee before she's slept thru more of it. I usually don't let my "kids" do the stairs on their own till the next morning, even if they seem pretty alert.

Gentle hugs and scritchies.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Tenderhearts
She should feel a lot better after a good long nap and then maybe a small snack.

I agree. It was always so difficult after Lori Ann had a dental as she would refuse to lay down, and would keep staggering around like a drunken sailor, panting :(

Hoping Miss Brandy is feeling up to par soon! :hope

I'm glad she came through OK, and with no tooth pulling necessary! That's great! :thumbs-up

She will be disoriented tonight, and probably stagger a bit. The panting may be just stress, or she may be in some temporary pain from the pulling around under the anaesthetic to get her in the right positions for the x-rays. And even without extractions her mouth will maybe still be sore if she had a ton of tartar.

I hate it when mine have to go in for dentals, because they look so miserable afterwards, especially if they've had teeth pulled. But the next morning you usually see a much brighter, happier dog. I second the idea of taking her up something to pee on though, because you don't want to carry her up and down stairs while you're sleepy. ;)

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Awe, poor girly. :( It is never fun watching them come out of anesthesia. I would be VERY careful with her upstairs now....block the stairs just in case she tries to come down when you aren't watching. They are pretty out of it for quite a while so attempting stairs right now probably wouldn't go over well. She should come around in a few hours....just keep an eye on her and let her sleep it off peacefully. They do sometimes let their bladder loose afterwards too so just to be aware of that. Hope she recovers quickly. :hope

Guest greytfulhounds
Well, I've got her home. No teeth were pulled, but, they said her teeth were very dirty and lots of tartar. She had some x-rays of her hip, hock and knee ?, but the conclusion is that she just has some arthritis. No signs of bone deterioration. Good things. But, right now she is panting and obviously in a lot of pain. She had an acupuncture treatment while she was there. When she stands still, her rear end is collapsing. That might still be from the anesthesia. I offered her some water and she looked at it and turned away. She only wanted to go upstairs to her bed and couldn't make it up the stairs. She stood there and panted. I carried her up, otherwise, she would have stood there all night. I don't what I will do when she has to pee.

I am so upset. She looks terrible. You wonder did you do the right thing putting her through this dental now?

Sending hugs :grouphug to both of you! It is so hard when they get older.........with our Joanie I kept second guessing every decision.........all you can do is the best you know how and love her every minute she is with you.

If she starts having problems with her back end..........I found a link on the Northcoast Greyhound Support website to a woman that makes assistance harnesses and it was the best investment I ever made for our Joanie. This is the link to the website Assistance Harness Link.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to your sweet girl! :hope

I am so sorry. I bet a lot of her actions are due to the anesthesia. Even when the Flashman was very young...every time he has anesthesia he stumbles and falls and he screams out all night long and he isn't right for days. Sending my prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

It can take a day or two to get over the anesthesia. My two girls had dentals a few days ago and Renie especially only wanted to sleep. She should be feeling better tomorrow. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

While still a little slow of step, Brandy is much better today. She did not want to eat chicken and rice, so I made her a little scrambled egg this morning. I wanted her to eat something because she needed to take the antibiotic and deramax. We carried her outside last night to pee and she surprised me with a poop as well. Her rear end kept collapsing and I was very concerned,but it is definitely improved right now.

We just have to hope that this was the source of the infection that has caused her swollen glands. I guess a few days time should let us know.

Thanks for all the white light, prayers, good wishes and comforting emails.

Guest PhillyPups

Irene, just reading this. SugarBear would get horrendous reactions to anesthesia of any kind, even at 9 she would lose her back end for a day or two. :bighug to you and Brandy and hoping she is feeling better.

Hopefully she is improving as the day goes along. Some back end weakness just comes with age, but so does their infinite wisdom and patience with us. :kiss2

Some back end weakness just comes with age, but so does their infinite wisdom and patience with us. :kiss2

How true. And, maybe some infinite patience with those big boys in the house.