Sarge

Guest roaddogtnkr

Guest roaddogtnkr

Well to all.... again thanks.

Sarge passed from this world at 1155am. He really broke my heart this morning when I let him and flo outside. He woke me up with some terrible whining. I held him and petted him some then let them out, he walked out to the back yard and was barely off the deck when he just plopped down in the grass and laid there. I opened the curtains and watched him for about an hour. In the meantime flo had done her duty and had come back in. All of a sudden sarge lifted his head and let out a terrible howl.... the only time I had heard him do that. Then he came to the door and wanted in. He had lost so much weight from what he was going through you could see his ribs and spine. Well when it was time to take him to the vet he didnt complain and even got into the car with no complaints, just a little bit of coaxing(less than normal). Then when I got to the vets and sat with him for a while he was shaking so hard I thought it would trip earthquake sensors. Well when the vet came in and was going to give him the shot Sarge was good, he leaned into me and let me hold him, but he refused to sit down for the Vet. He took it like a Real Sarge and went on his feet. he did not whimper, whine nor fuss.

I believe Flo knew what was going to happen cause before it was time for me to leave with Sarge she was walking around the house and Whimpering. Now since I have been home and crying for my Sarge passing she has come up to me and put her head in my lap for some petting and hugging, and now she has gone back to 'Her' corner and laid down. I just hope she does not take it too hard that Sarge is gone.

Thanks for all the support that you have given and please keep Flo in your Prayers and send your wishes to Sarge where he is running and playing with all the other greys.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cronescreatures

Your Sarge was ready, and he knew what was coming; I am sure he even was asking that you let him go - that's what the howling and crying was for.

Flo understands, and she is sad, but together you will get thru this. Sarge is not gone, he's still with you, just in a different form, and without the pain anymore. In those times when you are quiet and need comforting, his will be the spirit that comes to you with love, if you listen closely, you will be able to hear him talking to you , and thanking you for the wonderful life you gave him in retirement.

Bright Blessings, and I will keep lighting candles for you and Flo and in Sarge's memory.

Guest herbsofmine

The vet that Mark uses is one of the best vets in the state for greyhounds. The decision to put the dog asleep while he was alert is one that I've had to make myself. I have (between my friends and I) have put down seven greyhounds due to disease. Every situation is different in how the vet goes about it. They just want the dog relaxed. I have been in contact with Mark about his dogs, and I was one of the people willing to help so he could keep him. I did not see Sarge, but one of my partners at work saw him at the vet and stated he was in really bad shape. Thank you to all of you that offered your support. It warmed my heart because I know how good greyhound people are!!!

Guest greytbookert

Mark,

My heart goes out to you and Sarge for all that you have been through. Run Free Sarge and Mark please know that we are here for you. No matter how one of our hounds pass, it is a difficult time. Trust me, many of us have had the unfortunate experience. I'll be keeping you and Flo in my heart and my prayers.

Again, thank you for your service to this great country and know that we are forever in our debt for that service.

Run pain free Sarge. :gh_run

I'm so sorry you had to go through all this. There are many greyhound angels at the bridge already playing and running with Sarge -- my Snickers also had osteo and she just died in early August. You did the best you could for him and letting him go when he was in pain I'm sure was a really difficult decision.

Best of luck to you and your family. :grouphug

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Mark hugs this am for you and Flo. Sarge is fine now. He knows the love you gave him for all these years and that the final act of love you gave yesterday, he thanks you. May you find comfort and peace for yourself. Sarge will remain in your heart forever. Take comfort in that.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm so sorry for your loss, Mark. I feel your pain of losing your friend to this horrible disease. Sarge is not in pain anymore.

And thank you as well for your service to our country.

Take care.

Guest junefour

I too am sorry for your loss, it is an incredibly hard thing to put down your pup. Your Sarge is no longer suffering or in any pain.

hugs,

Sharon

I know how much your heart hurts. :grouphug I have alerted Angel Sophia...she will watch over Sarge for you. Run with golden wings sweet boy. :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Farewell Sarge :standard I give you a final salute. You stayed with your dad as long as you could, even that long wait for him to return from overseas.

Run now, free of pain. :gh_run Send your dad and Flo a sign that you're doing OK.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png