Sir D - Limping

Guest DoofBert

Guest DoofBert

Sir D (age 7) has been limping on and off for a few days. Woke up this morning, he wouldn't put weight on his left back foot. Yet, when he was outside this morning, he ran down to the edge of the fence to greet our neighbor. Came back in the house; now he is not putting weight on the foot/leg. he climbed the steps to be with me in my office, but was very hesitant to come down stairs again.

Need some good thoughts... not sure what's happening....I shouldn't try to diagnose as I am not a vet but thoughts are racing through my thick head. Appt at 4 pm with our regular vet.

Edited by DoofBert

Guest DoofBert
Have you checked his foot for corns?

Yes I checked... that's why I asked for photo in my previous..... I couldn't see anything....so I decided to stop trying to diagnose....vet appt... that's why I pay vet the big bucks....he has read a lot more books than I have.

Sending prayers. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest DoofBert

Back from the vet....No sign of any corns. Vet did range of motion on the left leg... something in hip... still not sure if soft tissue or in the bone. Must go back for xrays at 8pm (tech on hand is preggers and could not assist with xrays)..My Doofie has lost 6 pounds since April. Right now, I don't know what to think.

Oh no Jayne!!! Lots of :hope for Doof!

DynamoandElenasignature.jpg

Tamara with Aragorn the crazy cat, Fawkes the OTTB, and always missing Elena (Rapido Elena - Rapido Ebony x Quiet Traveler 9/11/02-11/14/12) and Dynamo (Dotties Dynamo - Gable Dodge x Geez Darla 3/27/2001-7/21/2012). I hope doggie heaven is paved with peanut butter and the bunnies are slow. Run free and happy.

Special prayers for your boy. Paul had a soft tissue injury last year and I was a wreck until he was diagnosed. Three weeks on deramax and leash walking and he was fine.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Hoping for good news. :goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Jayne-- my thoughts and prayers are with you and for Sir D. Please update just as soon as...

FYI--Polli, our 8.5 year old broodie has been limping since we got her. While she was under anethesia for her teeth and spay, I asked them to shoot a bunch of pics just to make sure nothing scary was going on in there and nothing was.

GOD willing, Sir D is just a bit stiff and it will pass.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Hoping it's just a soft tissue problem. :hope :hope :hope Give us an update when you can - we're all thinking about you!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire