Nate

Guest 4baddogs

Guest 4baddogs

One month ago today.....

I keep asking myself "why did we only have Nate for a year?" Why did God allow him to survive the awful Wheeling track fire, only to die a year later? Why did he come into our lives, help me through the most tragic time of my life and then leave me? And then it occurred to me that maybe we were came into his life instead. Maybe we were brought to him to give him the very best life he could possibly have because he was only going to be around for such a short time.

And that's what we did - we gave him the best of everything, just like we do for all of our dogs. I hope when we meet him on the other side he'll be able to tell us that - he'll tell us that even though we didn't know about the tumor that ultimately took him from us, we tried so hard to make him better. We tried so very hard to heal him of what we and the doctors though ailed him. We loved him with all our hearts and we always will.

We miss your funny little noises and sounds, the way you tried to talk to us. We miss the way you looked for us out the living room window as we left the house and how you watched for us when we were coming home; sometimes we were so sure you had never left that same spot. We miss the way you had to have your blankie on your big dog bed, the same way Flashy had to have it. In fact you had a lot of the same quirks Flashy had and that comforted me in more ways than you ever knew. We miss the way you picked your favorite pieces of dog food out of your bowl, bit by bit, and rolled it around in your mouth taking forever to eat. I especially miss the way you never left my side, no matter where I went in the house, stuck to me like velcro, because you loved me as much as I loved you.

It's been one month today and it feels like you've been gone forever. I still can't bring myself to wash your blankies or wipe your nose prints off of the windows in the Tahoe. I keep expecting you to waiting for me in the living room window everyday when I come home, even though I know you're not here.

My heart aches for you and I would give anything to have you back with us. I hope you weren't afraid when I left you that day, because I was terrified for you. I hope that when we see you again some day, you'll be watching and waiting for us and be able to tell us that everything was just fine. I'm so sorry that we couldn't do anything more for you; just know how very, very much we love you. I miss you my sweet boy.

HPIM0663.jpg

Edited by 4baddogs

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Its so terribly hard to say good bye to one so sweet. He stays close in your heart always.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I am so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It hurts so much to lose them. :cry1

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Gentle hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest argolola

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious boy.

Some have posted on this board that dogs do not have any concept of time. They are just happy to be with us, no matter how much time.

Please take comfort in knowing that you gave him a wonderful life and he was very happy.

Guest Snowy8

" I keep asking myself "why did we only have Nate for a year?" Why did God allow him to survive the awful Wheeling track fire, only to die a year later? Why did he come into our lives, help me through the most tragic time of my life and then leave me?"

My thoughts on questions like this is; He put them in our lives to help us through something. To bring attention to something in our lives that needs fixing; to make us humble like they are. To make us appreciate the smaller things in life, like they do. To introduce us to people that normally we would not have known. When their journey is done, they leave....so that another can come into our lives & start over again with something different.

Run fast and free Nate! Please send your family a sign soon that you are ok. Some of us on this board have sworn that we caught a glimpse, heard a tag jingle or smelled a scent of one of our bridge babies. Gone completely? I am not so sure. :angelwings

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon