Lola's Surgery Is Wednesday 7/11

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

Hi GTers,

Lola is finally having surgery on Wednesday 7/11. We have to have her to Gainesville at the UF small animal hospital at 7:30. If the bloodwork is fine, they will start surgery to remove a large tumor/cyst from under her eyelid.

My husband wasn't at the consult appointment, so he is like, "does she really have to have the surgery?" He doesn't want her to go through anesthesia. Also, she has a heart murmur. Our regular vet said someone in Jacksonville can do cryosurgery, but the tumors often return, plus they would still give her twilight anesthesia.

We appreciate your prayers and good thoughts for Lola as she goes through surgery and anesthesia. I'm kinda nervous too, just because I love her so much.

Edited by argolola

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending good thoughts and prayers for Lola. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Lots and lots of prayers for your most beautiful girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending prayers and white light for your Lola.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Sending many prayers and white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest GreytfulJack

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. I hope everything goes well for her and she comes through with shining colors. :getwell

Guest argolola

Thanks everyone!

I forgot to mention the good news. At 8 1/2, her teeth are excellent, so no need for a dental. Every doctor asks what our secret is: I give her a JumBone every day.