Oravet Tooth Gel

Guest whatahound

I used Oravet for a while on Gracie. Can't say as it made that big a difference. It's best to start it right after a dental. During the dental and really good application is done. Monthly you would then put the Oravet on the teeth as maintenance. It's rather waxy in consistency.

If you get the Oravet brochure and see 2 greyhounds in it, that's my Gracie and Oliver. :wub:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I use it (on the dogs). I think it helps *some* -- enough that I'm not quite willing to stop using it, but not sure I'd recommend it either.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I used it on my girls and wasn't impressed either. I've had much better success with CET Hextra chews.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I wouldn't recommend it. Cole had it applied after one of his (many) dentals and it did nothing. Twelve months later Cole was due for another dental. :(

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Agree with poster who said it must be initially applied by the vet right after the dental when the mouth and teeth are very clean - otherwise what can happen is that it can seal in anaerobic bacteria, which can cause very bad infections - this is advice I was given by a dental surgeon.

Guest tigerlily
I used it on my girls and wasn't impressed either. I've had much better success with CET Hextra chews.

are the chews easily digestible? always stayed away from rawhide products, but would like something to help with tartar and plague, after we go for the dreaded cleaning..not looking forward to her being put to sleep, but she does need a cleaning, and brushing just isnt getting the job done.