Well Shello

Guest wrldruler

Guest wrldruler

okay, so my dh and I have been new members for a few weeks or so and, just like a man, he never properly introduced himself to everyone

so, hello I am Leah and he is Chris and we are new greyhound owners of Nelly (f.k.a. Bbr "That Stinks") she is a 2 year old retired gh, white and brindle who came from FL. We adopted her from Greyhound Welfare-midatlantic region

Chris and I have been married almost three years and live in Elkton, MD. We decided to get a dog because we felt empty and wanted to share our love with an animal

also, we don't want children right now, maybe next year

a Grey was a perfect choice because we wanted to support a rescue organization first and foremost and I grew up with several whippets and a saluki--as my mother fostered lots of dogs growing up--so i fell in love with sighthoungs

i really have a heart for the greyhounds plight and wanted to do something to support greyhound rescue

i don't really know how I feel about racing, i dont like it particularly, but i don't really like horse racing either--but i do know i don't want any animal to be abused, neglected or exploited

but, I work in social services so I don't want this to happen to children or adults either

we live in a crazy world and I just wish we could spread more love and peace

so, hello and thanks for listening. i was hoping we could find some other greyhound owners in the area to set up some playdates as Nelly needs some socialization

check out Nelly's myspace she is www.myspace.nellydadawg.com (i think)

Guest wrldruler

okay its me again replying to my own original post which is kind of sad and depressing--but nobody has replied yet and i am feeling awkward like i have said something really wrong

just wanted to say i hope i didn't offend anyone or make some very grave unspoken error by putting the bit about greyhound racing--please be gentle i am new to this greyhound thing and have no idea what is acceptable and not acceptable to talk about--and yes i did read the terms of service all the way through

so, i was trying to edit that part out but couldn't figure out how to do it yikes

so i am confused about that certain topic cuz i don't know what's true and what's not

all i know is i love my Nelly so very much and adopting her has been the best thing ever-i enjoy every day--every little zoomie and inverted sneeze and carrying of the stuffies around--happiness is definately owning a greyhound and all i want to do is protect her and give her lots of hugs and play the pink belly game everyday--even when she jacks my brand new bag of potato rolls i can't help

just making sure i haven't inadvertently ostrisized myself or my wonderful husband on the forum!!!!!

:(

yippee a reply i feel so great!!

thank you thank you!!! you have made my midnight

i gotta get my pictures up

i haven't figured out how yet but i'll get my dh too

welcome from southern california! i have three grey girls: nikki, sadie, and katie. as you can tell, GT'ers like pictures of greyhounds, so i'm looking forward to seeing yours.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

GT slows a bit on weekends :colgate There are lots of us here in NOVA and MD, but not all that many night owls.

Some Gt members are very involved in the racing industry, some are very much against it. We just don't get into arguements about it.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest wrldruler

good to know, i feel much better now--thankyou!!!! :blush--i feel a little silly for the posts! i was feeling really insecure all of the sudden, like i was in gym class and got picked last for kick ball--which actually happened quite often now that i think of it lol

i am not usually a night owl but dh is snoring away and i think Nelly is also snoring now, she takes after her daddy

i don't wanna argue at all just share my love for the breed!!!! i have a tendency to over think things and then get very worried

i can't wait to figure out how to put pictures of the Nellster up--i think she is a beauty

Go to the technical forum, there is a whole thread devoted to the topic. Main thing-and forgive me if I am stating the obvious-the pics must be hosted from a website: photobucket or here if you are a supporter.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest KennelMom

:welcome

I won't hold your racing opinions against you :P I think the Intro section can be pretty slow in getting responses...esp late at night. This board is primarily for the discussion of greyhounds as pets, so while we do have the occasional discussion for/against racing it usually only inflames passions and gets everyone riled up while doing nothing to change anyone's mind. An exercise in :headwall for just about everyone. Just keep in mind that there are people on this board who have and love pet greyhounds and also either own racers or work in the racing industry. ;) I was fairly anti-racing when I joined, but was fortunate enough to make some great friends that allowed me to have a lot of experiences that have certainly changed my mind about a lot of things. Trust me, stick around greyhounds and adoption long enough and you'll find people in the pet world and racing world that tick you off...but you'll also find awesome people on both sides of the fence as well.

I can't get your link to Nelly's myspace page to work, but I'd love to see a picture of her!

Edited by KennelMom

:welcome from NC! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your new girl. :)

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Checked out her photos on her myspace page. She IS a beauty! Congratulations!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest ladyhound

Hi! Just wanted to welcome you! I am looking forward to photos. I am far from expert, but if you join a site such as photobucket (it is free!)and upload your photos there, it makes posting them easy.

Guest wrldruler

thank you everyone for your replys--aaaawww you guys make me feel so special--it is nice to be learning so much about greys and everything associated with them. I want to learn everything i possible can but i don't want to inflame anyone

here is my link to Nelly's myspace page again for those of you who weren't able to get it http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=197707881

i am still working on getting pictures to put here--i know dh has a photobucket account he just got so i will work on this

dh added some roach position pictures to the cute things greys do area

inlaws came today to visit--and i am so very exhausted--they are like a vortex that saps my energy!!! so i haven't had time to set up pictures yet but i update myspace regularly with pics

have a great night--definately won't be staying up past midnight tonight

also HELLO NORTH EAST!!!!!!

LEAH AND CHRIS :colgate

Edited by wrldruler

Hi and welcome from So Cal!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Another HI from Maryland and a GW volunteer!! (IF you've only had Nelly less than 3 months, you'll be getting a call from me for her follow-up!!!)

I'm down near College Park, so not very near you but I was hoping lothianjavert would post (and she did) 'cause she's up near you!

Will you be coming to the GW picnic in September? If so, I'll most likely meet you there! (Look for the ONLY person there without a grey!!)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest GiJenn51

Welcome! I'll wave to you as I drive to my new home tomorrow! A future Floridian, and soon to be former New Englander-- for now anyway.

Guest IrskasMom

Hello Leah and Chris :wave:wave we are also in Maryland . Nice to see you here and Nelly. She is gorgeous.

We live closer to Annapolis . We have a 3 Year old Male Morty . So Playdate a little far to go. But stick

with GreyTalk ,I am sure there is someone close to you. Also there is a wealth of Information on GT.

Cookies for Nelly :dogcookie:dogcookie:dogcookie

Guest ellieb

Hello from Ohio!

I share your struggle about the racing industry, for horses and hounds. I just try to respect others feelings on this site. We have two hounds, Maximilian and Indigo. They are WONDERFUL!

Miss Nelly is very pretty. Give her scritchees from me.

Ellie & the gang