My Lola

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

My precious Lola is having leg problems again as well as the eye problem. Our local vet gave her some meds for the eye to get her though until we go to UF on Monday.

Now she is limping again and licking her foot. Several vets have seen her, and she has had x-rays, but nobody can figure out what is wrong.

Her problems are minor compared to some of the poor pups on this board, but prayers are appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by argolola

Sending prayers that you will get some answers at UF and that the foot is just a bee sting or corn or some other easy easy thing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest argolola

Does anyone have any ideas on the limp? This started about 9 months ago, off and on. She was given Rimadyl after the x-rays didn't show any problem. She will quit limping for 6-8 weeks then start again. She was at the vet 2 weeks ago, limping, and then put her entire weight on the foot to step on the vet's leg. We don't get it.

Thanks again GTers.

Guest greytexplorer

Arthritis?

Mandy is on regular doses of previcox (half tab a day) and it has really helped. She doesn't look or act like the 10yrold that she is! When you go to UF ask specifically if prev would be ok to dose Lola with.

LOVE the fawn girls and your siggy!

:grouphug and :kiss2

ps I grew up in Pensacola and lived in Jax, too

Guest whatahound

Prayers to sweet Lola. Nikki had the same problem about a year ago ( Limping and licking her foot) I took her to the vet where they xrayed it. The only thing they saw was some arthritis in one of her toes. They put her on Metacam for a week or 10 days and the problem went away. She has had problems with it one other time since then, so I just gave her Metacam for a few days and it got better.

Nikki was 6 years old at the time and they thought it could have been caused by a prior injury. :dunno

I also soaked her foot in warm water with epson salts, I think it helped some. Hope Lola feels better soon.

Prayers and gentle ear scritches for Lola. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg