Back To Bad

Guest Lala

Lilah was doing really well at 6:00 tonight. When I got home from work, she was really happy to see me. She began jumping around with a toy because she was happy I was home. She layed in her bed and tossed a stuffie around. I fed her dinner, she ate most of it. At 7:15 Lilah had acupuncture. By 8:30 she became visably uncomfortable, really limping and knucking over. She kept panting and couldn't get comfortable. She kept getting up and trying new spots to lie - her bed, the carpet, the kitchen floor, hardwood floor, another bed - but nothing was comfortable. At one point she was even snuggling her head into me while I was siitng on the floor with her (Lilah is not a big snuggler - she likes to be near, not necesarily touching). It was as though she was looking for somewhere to hide.

I gave her 100 mg of tramdol at 9:30 (a half an hour early) and some five flower rescue remedy type stuff. It's now 10:15 and she is is finally calming down and is more relaxed.

This has happened two other times since she was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma - one month ago and a month before that. Tonight she seemed worse though. I'm worried she hurt herself when she started hopping around when I came home. I discouraged the hopping, but she may have hurt herself. I'm also worried that its just the cancer monster is rearing its horrible head.

I'm just going to stay near tonight and play it by ear. I hope it is not time - but I also hope that I'll recognize the signs if it is.

:cry1 :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Edited by Lala

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts are with you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hugs, prayers and lots of good thoughts with you tonight.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest Tenderhearts

My heart hurts for you! Gentle hugs to the lovely Miss Lilah, gentle hugs for you too, and prayers for you both! :grouphug :grouphug :hope :hope :hope

Guest tricolorhounds

Sending lots and lots of :grouphug and ear scritches for Miss Lilah... I'm so sorry to hear that she is having a rough night.

Now she is crying occasionally. She still can't get comfortable. Can she really go from bouncy and eating to acting like it could be "time" in a matter of 4 hours?

My heart aches for you. :grouphug Lilah may have had some microfractures with the bouncing around that are hurting her now. In my experience with this nasty disease (lost three darlin's), they each had sudden irreverable major swelling in the affected leg to the foot in which the lymph system finally failed. That was the "sign" for me. Sending lots more prayers and light to your baby girl. :hope Big hugs to you, too. I know difficult your situation is. :bighug

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Lilah had a very bad night. DH and I slept on the floor with her and she cried much of the night (we all did). She's still knuckled over in seems to be in much pain. I am going to call the vet when they open at 8:00 and see if we can get an appointment. I hate this.

Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Thinking of you this morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.