List Of Injured Nh Racers

Guest BdgBill

Guest BdgBill

I was searching google with Boue's racing name (Chava Field) and came across this PDF file listing lots of dogs racing in New Hampshire that were injured in 2005 / 2006.

Most of this info is on the last few pages of the report so scroll down or click on the binocular icon in Adobe reader and enter your dogs name.

Six days after the date of his last race Boue is listed as having a "laceration between the toes" and it lists a 4-6 week recovery time. I had been curious why Boue was retired when he was because he seems to have been doing pretty good right up until the end. I guess this explains it.

I went to the website of the group that created this report www.Grey2kusa.org and they seem to be a very anti-racing group. I do not know enough about the subject yet to have strong opinions for/against racing. I'm just posting because I thought someone else may be able to find some information about their dog on the report.

Guest Sniffy
I was searching google with Boue's racing name (Chava Field) and came across this PDF file listing lots of dogs racing in New Hampshire that were injured in 2005 / 2006.

Most of this info is on the last few pages of the report so scroll down or click on the binocular icon in Adobe reader and enter your dogs name.

Six days after the date of his last race Boue is listed as having a "laceration between the toes" and it lists a 4-6 week recovery time. I had been curious why Boue was retired when he was because he seems to have been doing pretty good right up until the end. I guess this explains it.

I went to the website of the group that created this report www.Grey2kusa.org and they seem to be a very anti-racing group. I do not know enough about the subject yet to have strong opinions for/against racing. I'm just posting because I thought someone else may be able to find some information about their dog on the report.

:coffee Good morning!

Stella was a NH girl, she came to us from Hinsdale, but long long ago.

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

A split web is rarely ever severe enough to retire a dog. 4 to 6 weeks is a very very very long time for recovery too. Even if it was bad enough to need stitches, that's only 2-3 weeks at the outside. They normally heal up in about a week. A pretty minor injury. Jeez, did you read all these? Who the heck considers a little muscle soreness an injury? (besides those who want to end racing) Show me an athlete anywhere who isn't a little sore after performing.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Ben Franklin

I really wish I could read about the medical history of my pups. In particular, it'd be helpful to know if Cricket suffered from any symptoms/injuries during her career. She has unspecified spinal cord disease -- I've always wondered if she exhibited any symptoms during her career, or if she had an injury. It'd be helpful info for the vets who treat the retired racers.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

A split web is rarely ever severe enough to retire a dog. 4 to 6 weeks is a very very very long time for recovery too. Even if it was bad enough to need stitches, that's only 2-3 weeks at the outside. They normally heal up in about a week. A pretty minor injury. Jeez, did you read all these? Who the heck considers a little muscle soreness an injury? (besides those who want to end racing) Show me an athlete anywhere who isn't a little sore after performing.

:lol There's one note there for a splinter :) Found a whole bunch of our dogs on there, including Inugrey's boy, Inu and why he was retired. It'll be good for her to know since she's been having problems with lameness. The injury list is helpful for adopters, I just hate all the politics around it.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest GiJenn51

There is currently a bill in the house to end GH racing in NH. So far its been defeated. That PDF file was used in the bill

Yep, read through the whole list a few times. Both my babies are there. Note to sef vet wrap Inu's front feet before the fun run on Friday.

I do see a lot of dogs we rehomed there. This is very informative, I giggled when I saw Ventura (a big goofy boy) was injured because he jumped on the turn out fence. I hadn't read it before because of who created it but I am glad I finally did read through it.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

There's also a list for Raynham and Wonderland.

Meredith - there are many that I recognized, my girl for one, both Inu and Salem, Oni, Jordan, Gemstone,Topaz and Zucchini.

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org

Meredith - there are many that I recognized, my girl for one, both Inu and Salem, Oni, Jordan, Gemstone,Topaz and Zucchini.

:nod Hey - was Soba Southern Comfort? He's on there, if so. I know we got Southern Comfort - or was he Zucchini?

This is very informative, I giggled when I saw Ventura (a big goofy boy) was injured because he jumped on the turn out fence.

Yup, definitely something he'd do :lol

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Nichole, we checked specifically for Soba but he wasn't on there.

I think it's a good idea for us to start looking for our Seabrook dogs on there as they come in. Any ideas how to find older lists, or lists for other areas? It's interesting if nothing else, and sometimes it could help us with a foster with an unexplained or vague injury. Thanks to the original poster for sharing.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

It's greyt that you could find out more of Boue's history!

We were fortunate to find out why Celeste was retired from her breeder/racing owner. It has nothing to do with an injury... just turned out that Celeste was just not very interested in racing. We wish we knew more about why Darcy was retired. We didn't have any luck contacting her breeder/racing owner. We suspect she was retired due to grading off (she was nearly 5 y/o), but it would be nice to know for sure if that was the reason.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

I think it's a good idea for us to start looking for our Seabrook dogs on there as they come in. Any ideas how to find older lists, or lists for other areas? It's interesting if nothing else, and sometimes it could help us with a foster with an unexplained or vague injury. Thanks to the original poster for sharing.

Pat's dog, Diva is on there, too.

Guest BdgBill

I found this list by searching for "Chava Field" (include the quotes in your search) on Google. You may want to try doing the same thing with some names you think may be on the list your looking for.

:nod Hey - was Soba Southern Comfort? He's on there, if so. I know we got Southern Comfort - or was he Zucchini?

This is very informative, I giggled when I saw Ventura (a big goofy boy) was injured because he jumped on the turn out fence.

Yup, definitely something he'd do :lol

Southern Comfort is Zucchini

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org