Poor Nevada

Poor Nevada somehow strained her back yesterday. Neither she or I slept a wink last night & we were off to the Vet early this morning. She's now konked out with pain killers & muscle relaxers. She seems much more comfortable right now. Hopefully tomorrow will bring a better day..........my poor baby senior girlie.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

Thanks all. Your good thoughts are working. We both got some sleep last night, thankfully. Today is a better day. The drugs seem to be working & she seems much more comfortable. The terrible panting is gone. The drugs are keeping her quiet too which she needs right now. And when she does get up, she seems more comfortable walking around. She even wagged her tail at me this morning. She's eating, but being a pistol at taking her meds. I'm having to get creative with hiding the pills. Cream cheese, which usually works, is being rejected. So far a piece of a buttermilk biscuit with lots of butter is working. She's a hoot..........She had her ACTH stimulation test yesterday too for her cushings disease. I'll get those results on Monday along with her super Chem panel. Did everything while we had her at the Vet instead of going back next month. Fingers are crossed..........

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Guest luluaz

Thank goodness that both she and you got some rest! I will say prayers for good test results :hope

I am glad she is feeling a bit better and there is less pain for your sweet senior gal!

Lisa

Thanks Jan! We've tried braunschweiger before & I think I have the only dog on the planet that turns her nose up at it. She even dislikes chicken livers too. Go figure. The past few doses have gone down the hatch covered with gooey peanut butter. Lets see how long it takes her to figure out my evil plot.............

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Sending hugs for your little girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Oh no! Sorry to hear Miss Nevada is under the weather! :grouphug

Sending lots of good thoughts she will heal up really fast and be back to her spry self! :hope

Thanks all. Things are getting better each day. I made the mistake this morning of going into my bedroom & she quickly jumped up on my quite high bed-not good for a healing back. She did fine though & looked very pleased with herself. She's been wanting to go into my room REALLY bad. I've moved into the guest room to sleep as the bed is very low. She's not been happy there. She wants HER bed back.

Got a call from the Vet this morning & her ACTH Stim test and other labs are absolutely perfect. She said she is amazing for an almost 15 year old girl. She wants her on the back meds for 2 weeks & for me to keep her quiet. No high bed jumping. Someone please tell Nevada that for me.......Seniors are a hoot !! I'm so grateful.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

sorry she doesn't like braunschweiger, but I know how that goes, I have probably the only greyhound in history that doesn't like rabbit (Fletcher) :blink: Have you tried pill pockets? My friend used them for her very picky cat, and they worked well. Hoping Nevada soon doesn't need any pills!

Just saw your post, :yay for her test results :yay

Edited by jbuckwal

If she begins to figure out the peanut butter hiding routine, I'm going to get the pill pockets next.

I think she may be becoming addicted. Everytime the peanut butter jar comes out now, she comes over. She probably now thinks that PB gets her high........ :lol

Edited by NevadasMom

Carol-Glendale, AZ

this may sound strange, but the only thing that works with loca is vegetarian pepperoni :huh

glad nevada is feeling better :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.