Azalea, Our New Girl

Guest bowiebears

Guest bowiebears

On Tuesday, we became the proud parents of Azalea, a 7 year-old red brindle girl. Feel free to look at my DP's blog for more info about her.

Jeff's Blog about Azalea

We are both very happy to have a new family member with us. She is a real sweetheart, and seems to have brightened Dowland's life a bit too. (He's our very first grey and will be 12 in June.)

I will post pix as we get them taken. The blog entry has 2 pix from GPA-MD, from whom we adopted our new sweetheart!

Cheers to all!

--Isaac

Guest bowiebears

She is indeed a gorgeous girl, and has settled in very nicely.

She arrived at 12N on Tuesday.

By 4PM she and Dowland were napping together on the 'poofs' in the living room, his shoulder wedged up against her haunches.

By 8PM she was roaching.

We had terrible T-storms that night and she found her way from her bed into my walk-in closet (her bed is under an outside window) for the rest of the night.

We are very, very happy with our new daughter and are looking forward to many years of joy and delight!

--Isaac

Aw, what a cutie. So glad she's got her forever home now - she deserves it. Congratulations! :confetti

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Welcome home pretty girl!!

And congratulations dad!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest bowiebears
Congratulations!! She's beautiful!! Seeing her pic on GPA-MD's site and reading her story was breaking my heart. I'm so happy that she found her forever home!!!! :pepper :pepper :pepper

Thanks. Well before I'd thought we'd be losing our Arlo, I saw her on teh GPA-MD website, and her story grabbed my heart too! If I were given to magical thinking, I might worry that I'd somehow willed Arlo's disease so we could take in Azalea, but I know that's not the case.

She is indeed beautiful and very friendly. She and our almost 12 y/o semi-brindled red boy Dowland are getting along very well. They went zooming in the back yard this evening...and they both had a great time of it.

I hope all is well with you over on THAT side of the Bay!

--Isaac

Guest Tenderhearts

Oh my gosh, that sweet face really tugged at my heart! :wub: I can see why she caught your eye! I am so sorry about the loss of your precious Arlo, but I have no doubt he is smiling down on all of you now! God bless you for opening up your hearts and home to another hound in need. I am looking forward to pictures of Azalea and Dowland in the future! :digicam

She's gorgeous, Isaac!! (Looks a LOT like Cody!!)

I think it's rather a case of Arlo sending her directly TO you after he had to leave so young...

So... when can I meet her???

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

• 2 months later...

Congratulations!!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

HI all! I got to meet her about a month ago!! She's an absolute DOLL! And it's sort of scary how much she reminds me of Cody!! Same body shape, some of the same mannerisms!!!

So - Isaac... I need to come back & get another Azalea/Dowland fix!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

She has such a lovely face :wub: And how nice that she gets on so well with Dowland.

Congratulations :confetti

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting